Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE: Pics of Carriage Works billet grille inside...

UPDATE: Did a little custom fab work on the bumper pieces and got them in today so Ive got the complete kit in. Im really pleased with it and would definitely recommend it, although I think my way of doing the bumper is better than their suggested way. (Harder yes, but better). Anyway, let me know what you think, new COMPLETE pics below.

·
Registered
14 Posts
very nice, is this a bolt in grill

·
Registered
440 Posts
as always- cool.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very nice, is this a bolt in grill
Yes, this one is just a bolt over although I think they offer a full replacement cutout one. The little plastic piece above the grille just pops out and you drill 4 holes and it mounts w/ plastic rivets.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sweet looking grille :tu: , does the top piece look as good in person as in the pic or would you recommend not getting that part?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks sharp. Thanks for sharing!

Does it effect they hood release at all?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet looking grille :tu: , does the top piece look as good in person as in the pic or would you recommend not getting that part?
Id recommend getting it. I think itd look odd without it, as the gray plastic stock piece might look out of place w/ the billet main grille in.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks sharp. Thanks for sharing!

Does it effect they hood release at all?

No, the hood release still works just as it did before. No interference w/ it.

Im really happy with it now that I got it all in. I think it looks better than it did stock. On to the next mod... :D

·
Banned
159 Posts
That looks killer.

I am going to do the exact same grill except color match the fake scoop opening which was Toyota's biggest cosmetic design flaw IMO.

Also is that aluminum or chromed plastic?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Re: UPDATE: Pics of Carriage Works billet grille inside...

I like thaaaat

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks killer.

I am going to do the exact same grill except color match the fake scoop opening which was Toyota's biggest cosmetic design flaw IMO.

Also is that aluminum or chromed plastic?
Thanks.

I agree, the little upper grille is kinda, I dont know, odd looking, but I kinda like it. The painted to match is a good idea.

It is aluminum, very sturdy and solid feeling.

·
Registered
528 Posts

Looks good. Does the small top piece still look fake up close or does it look real with the new piece installed?

And it looks like there are blood stains on the driveway. Go on a killing spree lately?
Is there something you want to tell us about them stains....unless its Transmission fluid from a leaky Furd or Cheby

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Looks good. Does the small top piece still look fake up close or does it look real with the new piece installed?

And it looks like there are blood stains on the driveway. Go on a killing spree lately?

No, it still looks fake.. :D .. no way around that really, but from a distance i think it looks more real w/ the billet, but up close, yeah, still fake lookin.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I took the pictures in a new subdivision and those stains are from where a stack of bricks were set and it rained a couple days ago washing some of the red clay off them onto the driveway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey 07Sport, because of your thread I just ordered the complete set. My question to you is, are there any tricks to making this an easy quick install? Bye the way, it looks awesome and I love the Blue Streak. For some reason my dealer couldn't find it in Calif. so I went with Nautical Blue.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey 07Sport, because of your thread I just ordered the complete set. My question to you is, are there any tricks to making this an easy quick install? Bye the way, it looks awesome and I love the Blue Streak. For some reason my dealer couldn't find it in Calif. so I went with Nautical Blue.
Thanks alot. I really like the Nautical Blue also, but wanted the sport package. The upper grille and main grille are quick and easy. Upper grille you just pop off the stock one, drill 4 holes and the new one goes on w/ some plastic rivets. The main grille you just position in place, stick the screws through the mounting holes and secure them w/ the wing/hinged nuts on the back of the grille.

The bumper is a pain in the ***. Hopefully youll get all the brackets. They left out six "flat" brackets in mine. Their design has you basicly sandwiching the L bracket and the flat bracket around the bottom plastic lip in the gray plastic piece on the bumper. Then mounting the actual grille pieces to the upper turn of the L bracket. I dont see how it would work very well personally, but maybe you can get it. I simply took the L brackets and drilled another hole farther in on them. I then removed the plastic piece off the bumper (easy other than 2 bolts that were tough to get off. I simply left them out. Its held in w/ 15 bolts). Then marked/drilled the corresponding hole in the actual plastic and bolted them directly to the gray plastic piece. So now instead of being clamped on, they are physically bolted through the gray plastic bumper piece.

Anyway, glad you like it and hopefully youll have an easier time w/ the bumper piece than I did. Overall though I feel it was worth the time/effort as I really like the final look. Good luck.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I think that slit will be gone by 09.

They should have done it up more like the Taco if they had to do a fake scoop.

Dunno why but that opening bothers me and the first thing I will be doing is color matching the black insert.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts