Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of just lifting the front and adding just slightly larger tires. Has anyone leveled out their truck by just lifting the front and have pics of it?

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
re: Pictures of leveled Tundras on 33" tires?

I am thinking of just lifting the front and adding just slightly larger tires. Has anyone leveled out their truck by just lifting the front and have pics of it?
What an interesting concept? I dont think anyone has ever done this. You would be the first and a hero in my book!!:violin:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

WHT06TUNDRA you will have to excuse some of the "veteran members" here. They Think their poop dont stink and like to troll and make this forum unpleasant for the rest of us. There ARE some nice guys here.
Thanks, I know.

Reread the OP, jerk-offs, the basis of the question wasn't HOW to lift the front end, it was a request for pics.

Has anyone leveled out their truck by just lifting the front and have pics of it?
I just want to see what it looks like. I searched last night and every user gallery I went to who was supposed to have pics of their truck had ZERO. I don't know if they got lost when they updated this thing, but not one of the 10 or so people I looked had any.

I am a member on several forums for my various hobbies, but the snobbery on this one is uncanny. It is almost as if some of you take pride in jumping on a guy for what you perceive to be a dumb question. Get off the computer and get a life.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts

A better way of phrasing you question would have been..."Does anyone have pics of their leveled out truck by just lifting the front?" Also...if you would look in the galleries of us that have replied to your thread, you may find what you are looking for. And even a google search would find what you are looking for.:becky::becky::becky::becky:

And pics are really not even needed. Take a jack and jack up the front end of your truck and you can see your truck leveled.:becky::becky::becky::becky:

·
Registered
64 Posts

Check the link I posted;). I don't recall many pics, but I know mine is on page 6. It is noticeably higher, you can tell when getting in and sitting in seat, but I think I could have been happy with 5100's on 4th setting.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

A better way of phrasing you question would have been..."Does anyone have pics of their leveled out truck by just lifting the front?" Also...if you would look in the galleries of us that have replied to your thread, you may find what you are looking for. And even a google search would find what you are looking for.

And pics are really not even needed. Take a jack and jack up the front end of your truck and you can see your truck leveled.
I am not going to argue semantics on the form of the question, and I can't help it if the people responding are at a 3rd grade reading level. The responses were uncalled for.

But I will try to write more clearly and less concisely so that everyone can fully understand what I am asking-- least the angry mob of pompous-posters attack me again.

If you would AGAIN reread the original post, I am thinking of putting on larger tires. So no, jacking up the front end is not going to give me what I want. No one lifts a truck and leaves the stock tire size. Which, again, is why I wanted to see pictures.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Check the link I posted. I don't recall many pics, but I know mine is on page 6. It is noticeably higher, you can tell when getting in and sitting in seat, but I think I could have been happy with 5100's on 4th setting.
I did, and thanks. That was helpful.

Do you have any pics with larger tires?

·
Registered
64 Posts

Do you have any pics with larger tires?

Sorry no. I am going to wear out current rubber before I purchase. I plan to go just a little larger, don't want to chance rubbing, and go with a more aggressive A/T tire.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Sorry no. I am going to wear out current rubber before I purchase. I plan to go just a little larger, don't want to chance rubbing, and go with a more aggressive A/T tire.
Yeah I was thinking the same... maybe a 265/75-- my truck has 16's.

I just wanted to see what it looked like.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts

I am not going to argue semantics on the form of the question, and I can't help it if the people responding are at a 3rd grade reading level. The responses were uncalled for.

But I will try to write more clearly and less concisely so that everyone can fully understand what I am asking-- least the angry mob of pompous-posters attack me again.

If you would AGAIN reread the original post, I am thinking of putting on larger tires. So no, jacking up the front end is not going to give me what I want. No one lifts a truck and leaves the stock tire size. Which, again, is why I wanted to see pictures.
If ya cant take the heat...get out of the kitchen. :amen:

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,534 Posts

So who's acting like a "pompous snob" now? :td:

As was mentioned to you previously, your wording did not convey what you are now asserting was your goal, i.e. simply pics of "levelled" trucks. As this is a truck forum, I find it exceedingly hard to believe that you cannot find any pictures of levelled trucks either here or on the net. It sounds like you didn't put anywhere near enough effort into it before foisting your work on others here. And then, to top it all off, you get your panties in a bunch when other members call you on it.

For someone who belongs to several forums for your other "hobbies", you seem to fail to grasp the concept of forum etiquette. :cool:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So who's acting like a "pompous snob" now? :td:

As was mentioned to you previously, your wording did not convey what you are now asserting was your goal, i.e. simply pics of "levelled" trucks. As this is a truck forum, I find it exceedingly hard to believe that you cannot find any pictures of levelled trucks either here or on the net. It sounds like you didn't put anywhere near enough effort into it before foisting your work on others here. And then, to top it all off, you get your panties in a bunch when other members call you on it.

For someone who belongs to several forums for your other "hobbies", you seem to fail to grasp the concept of forum etiquette. :cool:
MY panties in a bunch? MY forum etiquette? You can't be serious. I ask a simple question that is misread by a bunch of bash-happy-bandwagon-noob-haters, get berated for it, and I have MY panties in a bunch and MY forum etiquette is called into question? Wow. Just wow.

How about just staying out of the thread if you don't have something constructive to contribute? Isn't that part of forum etiquette? Or maybe just decent human behavior?

Despite what you may think, I did look. I am well aware of the wealth of information available from searching the forum and use it often. But after the 10th or so photo gallery that was supposed to have had pics in it being empty, I decided to request pics in this thread. The pics were also requested in a thread because I was looking for something very specific. I know what a lifted Tundra looks like, and I am well aware of all the lifting options. I have not, however, seen a lot of Tundras where just the front has been lifted. I don't see how asking people who may have done this to their Tundra to say, "hey, check my gallery" is "foisting my work on others". Isn't the reason why we are all here to share a place where we can request opinions and draw from the experience of others? If that is "foisting your work on others", what the heck are you doing here?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts