Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see some pictures of the new tundra with a tonneau cover installed!!
I'm thinking of putting a hard tonneau cover on...............................

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here's 3 pics I took yesterday. I have Access Cover on my DC.
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Does it attach to a frame? Price? Source?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Walter,

Thanks for the pics. I may get one of those covers myself. Is that a Toyota cover or an after market brand? If so, which one? I ordered the brushed stainless running boards like you have. They came in yesterday so the next time I am in the big city of Fairbanks I will be installing them on my Tundra.

:tu: :tu:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Walter,

Thanks for the pics. I may get one of those covers myself. Is that a Toyota cover or an after market brand? If so, which one? I ordered the brushed stainless running boards like you have. They came in yesterday so the next time I am in the big city of Fairbanks I will be installing them on my Tundra.

:tu: :tu:

Nice looking truck. I have a white sr5 with an access "lorado" cover that uses velcro..no snaps. Cost about $380...

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
My Access cover on my 05 F250 had velcro. Is there a new model?
Which version of the Access cover did you get?
Does look nice, black is a great color on these trucks.

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
If I can ever get mine I will. I ordered one six weeks ago. Waiting for it to arrive. That is the problem with a new model, nothing is available. Having the same problem with oil filters, only the Toyota dealer has them right now.

Kirk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Does it attach to a frame? Price? Source?
It's Torza Sure-Fit cover. Cost me about only 150.00 + freight 35.00 from BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com

Cover has 3 Alum. Struts, 3 alum clamps each side. takes about 1/2 hour to initially install. No drilling required, realy very easy to install. Then to roll cover up about 3 minutes and to replace about 5.

Great cheapo solution while I wait for the Hard Cover's to tool up etc.:D
[FONT=&quot]Update 4-21-07:eek: I was mistaken on cover's manufacturer due to DNS disease (don't know $hit) Tried to get Access but was switched because dealer had in stock etc. Sorry for my confused answer. I was NOT trying to mislead anyone. Everything else stands as stated…[/FONT]

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's a Genuine [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Torza Sure-Fit cover. I know cause the first one didn't fit and dealer hooked me up with factory in South Bend. Torza's owner (Terry) dealt directly with me and wnet the next day to a friendly Toyota Dealer and 'fitted' a new top himself. (at my sugestion) He changed the deminsions making it 1" longer and 1/2" narrower and made a new cover to the new deminsions and sent it overnight to me.

Great Service, I will deal with Both Dealer and Torza again.

I will tell you Terry said I should consider their "Premium Hard Top Cover". He told me he put it on his Harley F150 about 2 years ago and it's the nuts. So maybe..:sleep::ts:

[FONT=&quot]Update 4-21-07:eek: I was mistaken on cover's manufacturer due to DNS disease (don't know $hit) Tried to get Access but was switched because dealer had in stock etc. Sorry for my confused answer. I was NOT trying to mislead anyone. Everything else stands as stated…[/FONT]

·
Registered
87 Posts
Forgot to ask. Does it fit with the deck rail system. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, most certainly with bed rails. there's 4 rails that 3 of them clamp to top of bed with special clamps. Top pre attached to front rail (so no leaks!) and the fourth (tail gate) clips in between the two side rails. There's 3 alum. struts that clip between side rails and top is streched and snapped!

Very easy and weather tight. Also rolls up behind the rear windo and they give you velcro straps to secure the rolled up top. Neat:cool:

·
Registered
528 Posts
It's Genuine Access Cover. I know cause the first one didn't fit and dealer hooked me up with factory in South Bend. Access's owner (Terry) dealt directly with me and wnet the next day to a friendly Toyota Dealer and 'fitted' a new top himself. (at my sugestion) He changed the deminsions making it 1" longer and 1/2" narrower and made a new cover to the new deminsions and sent it overnight to me.

Great Service, I will deal with Both Dealer and Access again.

I will tell you Terry said I should consider their "Premium Hard Top Cover". He told me he put it on his Harley F150 about 2 years ago and it's the nuts. So maybe..:sleep::ts:
What model access cover is it? I don't see anything like that on there site Truck Bed Covers and Caps - Pickup Tonneau Covers . Oh yeah and they are based out of North Dakota and no, they don't have a factory in south bend. Hate to say it...but I think you got some sort of a knock off cover because that is not an Access cover.

One other thing...they don't make a hard cover either. Sorry bud but I don't like false information.

·
Registered
528 Posts
What model access cover is it? I don't see anything like that on there site Truck Bed Covers and Caps - Pickup Tonneau Covers . Oh yeah and they are based out of North Dakota and no, they don't have a factory in south bend. Hate to say it...but I think you got some sort of a knock off cover because that is not an Access cover.

One other thing...they don't make a hard cover either. Sorry bud but I don't like false information.
I was right....its not an Access cover at all.....its a cover made by Lund. Check the site that he listed Auto Accessories, Truck Accessories at Great Low Prices! they don't even sell Access covers......

Case closed....I don't like false information. There is a reason why Access covers are top rated...there is no substitute for high quality.

I am getting off my soap box now.....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Having trouble downloading my pics....any advice?????:ts:

·
Registered
324 Posts
anyone know where the word Tonneau came from? Sounds maybe native American. You know, "Man with Bed Cover", lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't think he was trying to give false information intentionally, trying to push this product or something. He got something he's happy with and is sharing his thoughts on it. Maybe it's not exactly that brand but he put up the site where it's available so you can decide for yourself if you want that one or not.

BTW, anyone know of any hard fiberglass color-matched tonneaus like the A.R.E. that are less expensive than the A.R.E.?

I was right....its not an Access cover at all.....its a cover made by Lund. Check the site that he listed Auto Accessories, Truck Accessories at Great Low Prices! they don't even sell Access covers......

Case closed....I don't like false information. There is a reason why Access covers are top rated...there is no substitute for high quality.

I am getting off my soap box now.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
anyone know where the word Tonneau came from? Sounds maybe native American. You know, "Man with Bed Cover", lol.
Comes from an old word meaning a casket cover!:D

Nothing to do with indians or Native Americans etc..:cry:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts