Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a new Silver Tacoma PreRunner DC TRD OR.

It is beautiful of course... But I realized when I was checking it out on the lot that it has black pin stripe on it.

I did not notice this when I was looking at them before..

Does your Tacoma have Pin Stripes?

I was thinking of getting my hair dryer out and removing them... My wife thinks they look OK on..

What do ya'll think?

Pin Stripes: YAA or NAY

·
Registered
157 Posts
i have seen a few that had them on. Its up to you if you like them or not. Its your truck.

I personally dont like them. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok.. I went and posted the photo in my original message .. thin black stripe along the top portion on trucks body.

I just dont want them to look like crap after a few years.. then it would be much harder to peal them off. I can do it now while they are new.

Frankly .. if I was asked ahead of time.. I would have not put them on. But I wanted the truck and did not care about them at the time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Interesting. Never seen that before.
Answering your question: I would either leave them or pull them off. :D

Seriously. It's just a matter of taste, and if you like them. Looks ok to me, but not something I'd especially want. So just leave it as is for a few weeks and then decide if you like them or not.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Mine Had Them And I Removed, But It Is All Personal Preference. I Liked The Way Mine Looked, I Just Went Ahead And Removed Them When It Was New, Much Easier To Remove , Didn't Even Need A Hair Dryer. I Have Bought Used Vehicles Where The Stripes Are Chiped Faded, And Are About Impossible To Remove With Out A Lot Of Work.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I wanted to have a guy i know who does vinyl graphics put some red ones on my black truck...but we just couldn't seem to find a line on the truck that looks good. That doesn't look so bad on your truck, kind of like the little accents myself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I picked up my Indigo Taco DC Sport, the dealer pinstriped it with silver without even asking me. I thought they looked ok, so I left them on the truck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
IMHO-----='s THEY MUST GO! That is too clean looking of a truck to have that blah on the side ;) !!! Pin Stripes are for Caddys and Corollas :eek: !!!!! Get them off while you still can and you will not regret it!!! Plus, if you just have to have them down the road go and spend $12 bucks and do it yourself! JB

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Leave them on... Gives the truck some accent... I have yet to see another black truck with stripes on... Mine has them.... Kinda original...:)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Get rid of them, you have flares TRD stickers Nice lettered tires steps, that truck looks fine without any extra stripes if anything it detracts from the look.
I got rid of mine when the sun baked them, used an eraser from Napa.

·
Registered
20 Posts
IMO-I would get rid of the pinstripes right away:td:

And no! You will never see pinstripes on any of my vehicle(s)-and if it does come with it, it's coming off right away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts