Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
on the 2004 my rubber coolant tube leaks a little at both ends, especially on top of the tank.
Its an example, along with crappy back up lights of Toyota rushing design and not testing the prducts before production. the unsupported tube that runs in thin air is really stupid

·
Registered
2004 Highlander V6 4X4, 2006 Seinna XLE AWD
61 Posts
Yes, Toyota spec Coolant is pink

·
Registered
25 Posts
Speaking of the pink coolant, I went and bought some from checker before I did my research and found out that Toyota uses pink coolant. Is it okay to use the coolant/antifreeze that I bought (it's clear)?

·
Registered
126 Posts
In an answer, NO, if you plan on keeping the vehicle for several years. One of the reason for Toyota Engine longevity is the
very high spec antifreeze they use at the factory. This product is far SUPERIOR to what is available in most auto part stores. Factory Toyota antifreeze used in post 2003 Highlander applications has a very stable ANTI-CORROSION additive that lasts for many years in most circumstances, provided that it is mixed with DISTILLED (not tap) water. (Note, some mixes already have water added so don't dilute that mixture, read and follow product directions please.) Factory Toyota antifreeze is quite expensive, but much less than a corroded out radiator or engine cooling gallery or mucked up thermostat, in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts