Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone the pinstripping route when customizing? Also, how does the debadged look on a super white? Looks great on darker colors.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
lots of debadged trucks including white. when it warms up a little mines gonna be.

oh and as far as the pinstriping, DONT!!! its not the 80s anymore.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You know my dad has been a pinstriper for 30+ years and I think it just depends on the look youre going for. I've seen some really clean looking trucks with stripes that look great; as long as they're no gaudy and over done. A couple clean lines that accent the trucks curves never hurt.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
You know my dad has been a pinstriper for 30+ years and I think it just depends on the look youre going for. I've seen some really clean looking trucks with stripes that look great; as long as they're no gaudy and over done. A couple clean lines that accent the trucks curves never hurt.
I agree, a few tasteful lines couldn't hurt....

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think the problem is that the Tundra doesn't have lines than lend themselves to striping very well. You either have to get creative with it which can lead to gaudy or you have to ignore some of the existing lines and then it doesn't look quite right. At least the ones I've seen.

·
Registered
655 Posts
the only pin striping i have on my truck,was put on by the desert trails.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I think I need to clarify. I am talking about the basic front to back thin stripe down the side. That IMO looks bad on the tundra. As far as custom striping, not sure how that would look, or what could be done with it.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
The factory pinstripe is garbage IMHO...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Pinststripes no but this I like... dont know where I saw this pic........

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Ill go with a BIG "NO" on the striping!!!

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I did 2 fine lines in black but I followed the lines and broke the stripes on the box. I think it gets rid of a big silver blob.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Straight line factory pinstripes = NO

Custom work along with some custom paint = Depends on the outcome.

I am old school with truck styling, leave the badges. Nice to see some chrome, if your wheels are black, it's because someone stole your nice wheels. and such.
But the Tundra does not lend itself to traditional pinstriping or two tone paint.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Straight line factory pinstripes = NO

Custom work along with some custom paint = Depends on the outcome.

I am old school with truck styling, leave the badges. Nice to see some chrome, if your wheels are black, it's because someone stole your nice wheels. and such.
But the Tundra does not lend itself to traditional pinstriping or two tone paint.

I think it's hard to say no to any one style. there are so many variables to this like the truck color, stripe color/thickness/distance between two paralleling stripes, wheels, tint...i mean it goes on and on. But everyone has an opinion and the most important thing is that it looks good to the guy who drives it. (as long as its not an aluminum 747 wing on a car with 80hp)

·
Registered
228 Posts
WAIT, WAIT, I'M still on it's not the 80's thing............I guess the 60's is really ancient history. We pinstripped with a chiesel back then.LOL

Go with what YOU like my friend.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I think this looks great.
well that makes 2.

but the rest of us pretty much pinstriping was nice when cars were really made with a body line that was made to accent with a stripe. fudging a pinstripe line on the side just because it can fit on there and somewhat kinda sorta look right doesnt really look right. it would look so much better w/o them. but hey, if ya'll like the stripes thats why they are your trucks. :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Mine came from the factory with it. I like it, doesn't bother me at all.
Here are some pics of it. You can see that in the far shots it's barely even noticeable.
Subtle is the name of the game for me when it comes to pinstripe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts