Toyota Tundra Forums banner

piston slap

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Art64 
#1 ·
out of 38 cases on forum, can someone take a recording of this deviating sound, i would like to know what it sounds like, since i don't have this. my 2005 tundra had no weird sounds, my 2006 titan had no weird sounds, my 2007 fj cruiser had no weird sounds, my 2007 monster purrs like a kitten. am i lucky or i just didn't notice.

#4 ·
My question is for those Street Racers that race their "NEW" Truck at top end speed trying to make a statement? If you get a Engine problem hope the ECU will not tell the dealer how the truck has been driven!! I am guilty but not for racing, just excessive speed and wonder does ECU keep this data for Dealership to download? I drove mine hard during break-in period at different speeds for 500 miles even though they were HIGH speeds i did vary them and have had no problems with 20K on my DC. I purchased it in Denver and hard to drive to ABQ at lower varied speeds. I did notice my muffler turned a cherry red and did not return to normal color? i asked service manager and we looked at several other used vehicles and they had same red spot so i guess i am happy!! Hope you speed racers keep it safe and be safe!!:)

#5 ·
From what I understand the recorder records, speed, throtlle position, rpm, wether the brake is applied or not, air bag deployment, possible seat belt usage. Toyota says that it is for accident use only. Not sure about the new model vehicles as almost everything is tied up to the computer. Possibly more data is being recorded ie: external light on, wipers on, VSC activated, anti locking brakes activated, volume of the radio, ac/heating, outside temp, inside temp, transmission gear position, transmission mode, etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.