Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my truck "Plain Nasty" a day at the spa today. She is a brand new (2 weeks old) 2010 Tundra Crewmax in silver. After getting my tires, wheels, and lift all ready, she went into the shop today for the install. She started life with the "Styled Steel" wheels with stock tires. She got new TRD wheels, Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/70/18, and 3" aluminum spacers up front with 1.5" steel blocks in the rear.

One wheel sensor met it's end, but was replaced. They will all go into a pressure tube once the replacement sensor is programmed next week. Only slight contact on the skid plate on full lock, and 30 seconds with a hammer got it out of the way. 1/4" clearance to the control arm, and no rubbing on the front flaps at all. It is certainly the largest tire I could stuff in there without any further trimming issues, as it misses everything by only a fraction of an inch.

This truck looks like a completely different vehicle than it did this morning. I love this thing ! It really looks like a brute without being obnoxious. I am thrilled with the outcome, and wanted to post the wheels, tire size, and lift size for others to use the info if they wanted. I will post pics tonight; right now I'm going for a drive !!!!!!! :D

Attachments

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I hate it when people say this but it seens appropriate this time.

Pics or it didn't happen!!

Seriously though congrats!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics added ! 1st is of the new tire next to the stock one for comparison and without lift. I really love my new truck now. Should have left the factory this way. I stopped at Toyota to get a new tire sensor and got a compliment from a customer in the parking lot. Then I drove to starbucks on the way home and got another compliment from the drive thru window guy. They're after me lucky charms !!!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

The Nittos are certainly louder than stock, but not rude. Compared to the 35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on little ladies Rubicon, they aren't loud at all.... The Nitto's sound like a truck should sound, IMHO.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Man that looks soooooooooooo much better!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
confused.....does it really have the TRD package and somehow got jipped on the TRD wheels stock or did u just put the decals on as well?

great looking truck though.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks guys.

The Nittos are certainly louder than stock, but not rude. Compared to the 35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on little ladies Rubicon, they aren't loud at all.... The Nitto's sound like a truck should sound, IMHO.
I like these tires. when my Terra Grapplers are done I'm either gettin these or Toyo MT's.

·
Registered
274 Posts
it might be trd without the alloys. the 10' CM my wife and i are going to sign on tomorrow has the sr5 package but no alloys. the trd 4x4 cm 5.7 we found were in colors we didn't want or were more than we wanted to spend.

there were lots of cm in the southeast inventory that has the sr5 with steel wheels vs alloys. we didn't want to blow 3k on the trd package for a junk skid, wheels we didn't really want, shocks we would replace anyway, etc. its listed on our paperwork as "SR5 Package:-SPAT $755". we knew we would be looking at better wheels down the line anyway so steel for now it is. gonna take them off and paint them when my wife isn't looking lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dealer didn't have the TRD in my color. Also, if we were willing to take another color to get the TRD we would be getting stuff we didn't want/need as our dealer puts all kinds of stuff on as well. We have everything on the TRD package with our options except wheels, sticker, and shocks. Bilisten shocks went on last week with the stickers, and we waited to put the wheels on for when the lift went on. So, to answer your question, no, it was not TRD from factory, but had been fully made TRD by us.

Thanks again everyone for the compliments and input. I did alot of studying here, and reading opinions and comments from you folks, and put together a truck I am really happy with and proud of. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
I love it, nice job.. That's the exact tire/size combo I want to go with as well. Can you give me any info on the change in your gas mileage? I really don't want to drop lower than 12mpg around town if possible, and am worried that the combo of a 34" tire and a trail tire will really knock it down.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Lookin' good. Me likey. Glad to hear that size of Nitto tires clear the upper control arms. These were on my short list of tires to purchase; I ended up with Toyo OC 285/75R18 instead.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts