• Debadge and REMOVE platinum also

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a small ding in my tailgate that needs body work to fix, too big for paintless repair, plus paint cracked. Body guy asked if I wanted the badges back on, I think I'm gonna join the debadge club and have him leave them off and take the rest off while there. Just curious, do you guys/gals think the "platinum" badge should also come off? Debadge the way to go or no? I've never done it to a truck, but this is the time if any so I don't buy the tailgate badges. Thanks for your input in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I did EXACTLY that with my Limited. It looks GREAT IMHO!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Got a small ding in my tailgate that needs body work to fix, too big for paintless repair, plus paint cracked. Body guy asked if I wanted the badges back on, I think I'm gonna join the debadge club and have him leave them off and take the rest off while there. Just curious, do you guys/gals think the "platinum" badge should also come off? Debadge the way to go or no? I've never done it to a truck, but this is the time if any so I don't buy the tailgate badges. Thanks for your input in advance.
You (And myself) both paid lots of money for a 'platinum' badge... So, if you want everyone to know, leave it on... If not.. Take it off..

However, there are 2 on the truck. It might look nice if you de badge, and take 1 'platinum' badge and put it in the bottom corner of the tailgate... *shrug*

Either way, I vote.. Keep em on!

·
Registered
274 Posts
debadge all the way. 90% of the public have no clue what sr5, limited, plat mean. tundra owners are the only ones that can spot one version from the other and give appropriate props. to me the trucks just look cleaner without all the adverts. i mean tundra three times?? people know lol. pull the badges, if it looks like poop to you put a plat on the tailgate. something different. worse case remove, clean and reapply but me i would pull them all

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
You (And myself) both paid lots of money for a 'platinum' badge... So, if you want everyone to know, leave it on... If not.. Take it off..

However, there are 2 on the truck. It might look nice if you de badge, and take 1 'platinum' badge and put it in the bottom corner of the tailgate... *shrug*

Either way, I vote.. Keep em on!
Just FYI, there are many Limiteds out there that are MSRPed higher than a Limited with the "Platinum" package. It's only $700 more than the normal Nav/JBLpackage :confused:

I say take em off! Truck is cleaner without them.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The only thing I will leave on my truck is the Toyota emblem in the grill.... No need to advertise.... plus, I'm a paint freak... I hate chrome(belongs on 50-60's vehicle(when it was kewl)....
You can buy the badging fairly cheap, for resale, if needed...... Only one of mine broke during the process....

LOL... I can think back to the 80's where GM use to put EFI badges on their vehicles(Cadillac).... Not only were they about 15-20 years behind the fuel injection curve.... but they were actually spraying 2 injectors down a "throttle body/carburetor" on a 5.7 v8....TBI....(throttle body injection)
Wasn't really "EFI" by today's standards, by any means... but whatever sells... LOL

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I say you de-badge everything and just leave the 5.7L badge on, thats what i did, i like to let people know whats pulling up next to them at a red light, right before i take off and burn $15 worth of fuel in 200ft. Hahaha im just kidding. But seriously leave the 5.7L ditch everything else. :tu:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I say you de-badge everything and just leave the 5.7L badge on, thats what i did, i like to let people know whats pulling up next to them at a red light, right before i take off and burn $15 worth of fuel in 200ft. Hahaha im just kidding. But seriously leave the 5.7L ditch everything else. :tu:
If you could find an after market 5.7 badge, then I might would rock one... like one in Italic font, and maybe in a gun-metal or black chrome color.... Small and discrete...

The stocker is hideous....

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
there are so many on the roads today it really doesnt matter.
So yah dropped big coin on a truck ?? Think anyone really cares?
Its a nice ride,"your ride" so keep it to yourself and you'll be less likely to draw unwanted attention.
But if its attention you seek you need to lift it 3-5" and put oversize tires/wheels.:giggles:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm still deciding. I debadged my 07, and I like the debadged look, and it's easier to wax without them.

I will definitely get rid of the dealer tape and the 4x4.

If I do peel it, I may leave the platinum badges, just 'cuz

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there are so many on the roads today it really doesnt matter.
So yah dropped big coin on a truck ?? Think anyone really cares?
Its a nice ride,"your ride" so keep it to yourself and you'll be less likely to draw unwanted attention.
But if its attention you seek you need to lift it 3-5" and put oversize tires/wheels.:giggles:
Not sure where you get that I wanted attention or cared what people thought about what I paid, but if it struck a nerve, maybe you're a little too sensitive.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Not sure where you get that I wanted attention or cared what people thought about what I paid, but if it struck a nerve, maybe you're a little too sensitive.
I think he's referring to some of the other comments. I must admit, some things I read on here about the Platinum trim do leave me scratching my head (not in this thread).

Don't get me wrong, I love the truck aside from the chrome bumper. I'm one of the few folks out there that actually like tasteful wood trim :) But the way some people talk about the nameplate, you'd never know it was actually cheaper than fully equipped Limiteds. What a silly thing for some folks to brag about...

I think that's where some of the incredulous responses come from.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think he's referring to some of the other comments. I must admit, some things I read on here about the Platinum trim do leave me scratching my head (not in this thread).

Don't get me wrong, I love the truck aside from the chrome bumper. I'm one of the few folks out there that actually like tasteful wood trim :) But the way some people talk about the nameplate, you'd never know it was actually cheaper than fully equipped Limiteds. What a silly thing for some folks to brag about...

Correct. That's what I don't get about people saying you pay 2K for A/C seats and some badging. The Limited I totalled stickered 2K higher, but had DVD, bedliner, running boards, so price was very similar. I'm not bragging at all, just asked for an opinion. Anytime I have posted what I paid I always hear how its too much(in pricing threads) yet nobody ever tells me where I can beat Barkleys price. I was tickled pink with the price as local dealers did everything but hang up on me when I told them what price I was lookin for. Now back to topic! LOL.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

BTW, what is/was your vote bro?

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Barkley definitely had the best price! Only reason I didn't use them was because 1) I wanted to roll the sales tax into the loan and 2) they lowballed my Toyota trade something fierce. But hey...you buy low, sometimes you gotta sell low too! :)

My vote is definitely debadge. I was looking for a silver Tundra and they are sooooo clean without the cluttery emblems. I still need to debadge my white whale!

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Barkley definitely had the best price! Only reason I didn't use them was because 1) I wanted to roll the sales tax into the loan and 2) they lowballed my Toyota trade something fierce. But hey...you buy low, sometimes you gotta sell low too! :)

My vote is definitely debadge. I was looking for a silver Tundra and they are sooooo clean without the cluttery emblems. I still need to debadge my white whale!
Platinum badge too bro? Sequoia looks sharp bud. Maybe my hen will get one when her 4runner is done.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts