Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
500 Posts
What parts are on the list from the dealer? Anything more than coil springs, spring isolators, and aft lower control arms?

· Registered
500 Posts
Yes and some small stuff like Stoppers, some bolts, gear assembly nut and washer.

Seems like there would be a coil spring keeper or something. I've never seen what the coil spring rear end looks like.
My guess is that the "pan" welded to the frame that retains the top of the air bag is the same as what retains the top of the coil spring. The bottom of the coil kind of locks into a groove in the lower control arm. Some photos for you to compare with are in post #6 here:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sequoia/171721-platinum-rear-suspension-options/#post1800513

Reactions: mrmachinist

· Registered
500 Posts
Are the rear electronic shocks on the Platinum independent of the air suspension system, or in some way related to the air suspension? (Just wondering why they are so much more expensive than the front electronic shocks.)

· Registered
500 Posts
You guys probably know this already, but one thing I noticed about the IRS is that the cam adjustment on the aft rear lower control arm (the one that would need changed to accept a coil spring) affects rear toe only. The cam adjustment on the forward rear lower control arm affects only rear camber. So the camber and toe can be adjusted independently, unlike the IFS where caster and camber adjustments are interrelated. So anyone trying a DIY swap could check rear toe with a tape measure/carpenters square and get it adjusted approximately right before driving to the alignment shop.

Reactions: mrmachinist
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.