Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the long post. On January 6, 2011, I took delivery of my new 2011 Tundra 4X4 Double cab. I puchased it from my listed dealer. I also purchased the Platinum Warranty. I asked for the 7 year /75,000 mile $ $0 deductable warranty, I was told that for my tundra the price was $1910.00 for that warranty. I have no experience as to the value of this service agreement, so I bought it. When the booklet came from Toyota, I found that that I only got 6 year / 75,000 mile coverage and that it had a $50.00 deductable. I thought it was a mistake, I stopped into the stealership and told my sales person what had happened. She told me that she would check into it for me. The next day, she called me and told me that she had checked with F&I and was told that I got the agreement that I requested. So, I got angry. I started checking into all of my paperwork from the deal and found several other things that were not as explained. So, I started checking to see how bad I got screwed. Pretty bad! I called and e-mailed several other dealers to get quotes for the 7/75,000 $0 deductable platinum warranty. I can't believe how much the prices vary from one dealer to another. So, I have cancelled the origional agreement and purchased one from....... Jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota. Here is a link to Toyota's suggested retail prices for the warranties that they offer and a current list of Jerry's prices.

Here is the link for the warranty info

Toyota Financial Services

Here is the Price List for your 2011 Tundra 4x4
Thank you

T4-TOYOTA TUNDRA 4x4
6 YEAR 75,000 MILES $549.00, 6 YEAR 100,000 MILES $834.00,
6 YEARS 125,000 MILES $1,129.00

7 YEARS 75,000 MILES $654.00, 7 YEAR 100,000 MILES $999.00
7 YEARS 125,000 MILES $1,269.00

8 YEARS 75,000 MILES $769.00 8 YEARS 100,000 MILES $1,149.00
8 YEARS 125,000 MILES $1,564.00

Jerry Johnson
MidwestToyota
MidwestSuperstore
1100 east 30th
Hutchinson, Ks 67502
800-530-5789
Cell 620-664-8844
[email protected]
www.midwestsuperstore.com

Hours Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9am Central time until 8pm
Friday 11am until 7pm and Saturday 9am Central time until 7pm
I will be out of the office on Wednesdays and Sunday

I do offer Toyota, Scion, and Lexus Platinum Factory Zero Deductible Warranty
And for Ford I offer Ford, Mercury and Lincoln Factory Premium Care Warranty

P.S. If I were to buy another Toyota, I would go to Lia Toyota in Colonie, NY. I would choose Yvette Riley as my salesperson. When I got to the F&I, I would buy nothing extra. I also am trying to get rid of a $937.00 Zurich road hazard policy, which I was origionally told was included in the cost of the custom wheels and tires that I purchased with the Tundra. I paid $2000. for the 4 wheels, pressure sensors and tires. These are set up, but not on the truck (cash and carry). I am not a dealer and have no connections, but, I can buy the same thing, delivered to my house, ready to install for $1493.(retail). So, my point is, research before you buy any extras from the stealerships.

Thanks for reading,
Bob

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
The warranty pricing is pretty common knowlege on this forum, however, before I read it on here I had no idea how bad dealers try to rip you off. Thanks for sharing your experience. I would guess there are many others here that paid way too much for their warranty too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Platinum Warranty Purchase

I was able to cancel and repurchase from Jerry. My point was, why is it that we have to shop around to avoid getting robbed. It kind of sours the whole buying experience.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My point was, why is it that we have to shop around to avoid getting robbed. It kind of sours the whole buying experience.
...From my experience and I'm sure I'm not the only one, that isn't the only thing that sours the typical truck/car buying experience. There's way too much BS happening at the time of purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts