Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2004 4Runner Sport about 1 month ago that now has 90K miles. The check engine light, Trac off, and TCS off lights just came on last night. I know that I am due for a timing belt change and have scheduled that service to occur shortly. Everything seems to be running just as it did before the lights came on. However, I have noticed since purchasing the 4Runner that the transmission seems to "hit" or reengage shortly after slowing the vehicle quickly and sometimes seems to shift a bit strangely when pulling away. I am not sure if this is just a difference from 4Runners I have owned in the past or if it indicates a problem. I stopped by AutoZone this evening and had them check the error codes to see if they provided any clues to the engine and trac warnings. They received an error code "P2714" but could not tell me anything beyond saying that the code reader indicated "Pressure Solenoid D Perf. or stuck off". Can anyone please tell me what the problem might be or what steps I should take next. I would like to avoid a costly dealer repair as this vehicle is obviously not under warranty.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts