Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Sorry, this is my first post and for the life of me, I couldn't find anything via search to help me.

Ok, so I just purchased a CPO 09 Tundra Crewmax 5.7 Limited 2wd with 40k on it. The truck looks to be in outstanding condition, except for a sound I keep hearing.

Here is the scenario.

Anytime...well almost anytime I am driving and start to slow down (from almost any speed, but mostly under 40mph), I hear this sound that can only be described as a "farting" sound from around the front passenger floorboard. It sounds like "eeerrrrroo".
It doesn't seem to be affecting the drive ability or braking of the vehicle, but is getting annoying. It isn't very loud, but defiantly annoying. I could be mistaken where the sound is coming from, but both my wife and I hear it and it sounds to be around the floor on her side (and it happens when she's not in the vehicle also.... :D). Anyone have any idea what it could be? I've checked under the seat, in the glove box, in the center console, and just about everywhere I can think.

Please help guys! Thanks!

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Hmmm, flatulence?? :D

SOrry man, no idea. Bad bearing maybe??

·
Registered
384 Posts
Do you see the truck with the squiggly lines under it flashing at the same time? Maybe the anti-lock brakes going off?

·
Registered
77 Posts
mine makes a sounds like you are describing coming from the same area, but it's the A/C switching from recirculating to fresh air.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Can you rule out the a/c fan ... the squirrel cage fan? When their bearings start to go, they make some odd sounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will check that tomorrow. It sounds like something is sliding forward or backward. I hope it's a simple fix problem.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have recently heard this same sound in my truck, I pretty much ignore it. Turn up the radio you'll be ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have heard the same thing, and I tend to agree with mberry, mine sounds like the A/C switching back and forth.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
It does sound like a vacuum operated door or actuator behind the dash or glovebox

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yup. Mine does it too. It seems automatic so that no matter if your AC is on or off there is some sort of door that diverts air due to some Ralph Nader law suit in the past.

I mostly notice it when starting up or when sitting idling. Then again mine's 4WD so maybe it's making too much noise on the road for me to notice it while moving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts