Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been everywhere today. I just wanted to do a simple deck change from my stock deck. Best buy was sold out. Tried 3 walmarts that supposedly carry my harness..all out of stock. I went to a stereo install place.. the guy hands me an Ai brand harness.. the packaged just said toyota. So I tear my dash apart only to find out this harness does not fit.
So I go to a 4th walmart who has a harness in stock. It says right on the box 2000-2006 tundra... this harness did not fit either.
So I went to autozone.. the guy looks up my truck and hands me a harness.. again no luck.
I have read that a Scoshe TA02 is suppost to be for toyota.. when I search I find a TA02B...
Someone please help, I am tired of buying harnesses. I am going to spend the day tommorrow returning these.
I have a stock deck with a CD/Cassette and 4 stock speakers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the problem which I think may get a few people with a tundra.
I did read that you need a different harness for the JBL premium sound.
My stereo looked completely stock and did not show JBL anywhere. I got the cable as the other poster said to use, I took the dash back apart and was very angry when that cable did not work...then I looked down into the dash and saw it.......a stock amplifier mounted in there.. I did not have enough light to see this before.
I guess I did have a premium sound in my truck, I was able to remove the bottom panal and reach in and unplug the harness's that were pluged into the amp which connected perfect to the purchased wiring harness.
This should not have been such a nightmare job..If I only knew there was an amp in there!
But everything is fine now.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
Since you are asking about a 2004 Tundra, You may want to check over in the GEN-1 Section of this forum also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts