Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please list the steps(in order) to install complete system.
This is my first big install. I am installing everything from amps to speakers to sound deadener to the hu. What sequence should I install all this stuff?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Please list the steps(in order) to install complete system.
This is my first big install. I am installing everything from amps to speakers to sound deadener to the hu. What sequence should I install all this stuff?
If you are hardcore about the sound deadening in your cab check out this thread: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/audio-and-stereo/156972-wanna-see-something-psycho/

That guy was insane :)

There are a number of threads on here for the stereo install. I started by removing dash, door and trim panelsl; which is pretty easy. I bought a set of nylon removal tools on Ebay, these are good for removing interior pieces, they will not scratch the plastic and have various angles/straight edges for getting underneath pieces. Some people even take out the seats for easier access, and if your factory system has an amp it might be located under one of the seats. If you're doing an aftermarket system and you have the steering wheel audio/bluetooth controls you will need a PAC type adapter if you want to maintain those controls. I upgraded mine to the JBL 6disc system so I needed an upgrade wiring harness and a few other items, maybe some of the other guys who have done the aftermarket update could help.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
It all depends on what kinda of system you are building,Sound Quality or SPL.

Either way the steps are pretty much the same,its just you will use more/different products than the other,depending on the type of build.

Steps would be:
0) remove everything inside the truck,carpet,seats,headliner,door panels
1) sound deadener to all doors,floor,headliner etc
2) some type of noise barrier
3) run your power wires from battery to back of cab
4) take apart dash and install radio
5) run rca cables to back of cab
6) run door speaker wires to back of cab
7) install door speakers
8) install sub box w/sub
9) install amps
10) hook everything up and put interior back together and your done.

10 easy steps what could be easier :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
what the man just said...I did those exact steps pretty funny you mention all that. :tu:

Either way the steps are pretty much the same,its just you will use more/different products than the other,depending on the type of build.

Steps would be:
7) install door speakers
8) install sub box w/sub
9) install amps

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Good list. Its easiest to pull all your wires while the interior is apart.

·
Registered
404 Posts
To me, it all depends on how long you can have your truck out of commission and how big your blocks of spare time are. My system is far from a show setup but I ended up putting it together in these phases over the course of several months:

1 - Installed headunit and backup camera
2 - Installed rear speakers and rear door sound deadening
3 - Ran all new wiring including front speaker wiring (left wiring for front speakers bundled up behind kick panels), RCA cables, remote turn on lead, amplifier power, and amplifier ground and put in sound deadening in areas except for doors
4 - Installed front speakers (drove around for a few days with only the small stock dash speakers active) and front door sound deadening
5- Installed amplifier and subwoofers

A ton of work was done out side of the truck such as building the sub box, making speaker adapters, and soldering up the wiring harness.

-Wes

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I plan on tackling my install over memorial day weekend. I have all of the equipment and installation accessories I need in hand. I have read and read and read some more. I have a game plan in my head and if all goes well I will have everything done in three days. I plan on getting up early and workin late. The box is built and the speaker adapters made. I have already prewired the headunit outside the truck and I took the time to print out wire schematics and PDFs to remove the door panels and such so they will be at my fingertips while doing the installation. I even bought a storage box and just put the tools and connectors and such that are needed for a car stereo install. Whew I have done a lot of leg work already. Hope the weather is nice here in Birmingham next weekend. If anyone is bored and lives nearby come on by and lend a hand. Thanks for all the help guys I plan on taking pics along the way.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Well I plan on tackling my install over memorial day weekend. I have all of the equipment and installation accessories I need in hand. I have read and read and read some more. I have a game plan in my head and if all goes well I will have everything done in three days. I plan on getting up early and workin late. The box is built and the speaker adapters made. I have already prewired the headunit outside the truck and I took the time to print out wire schematics and PDFs to remove the door panels and such so they will be at my fingertips while doing the installation. I even bought a storage box and just put the tools and connectors and such that are needed for a car stereo install. Whew I have done a lot of leg work already. Hope the weather is nice here in Birmingham next weekend. If anyone is bored and lives nearby come on by and lend a hand. Thanks for all the help guys I plan on taking pics along the way.
If you've already done what you say, it shouldn't take you 3 days in my opinion. I don't think you'd have a problem finishing the install in a day without any major issues arising.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Steps would be:
7) install door speakers
8) install sub box w/sub
9) install amps

Hey you're cheating... that's 11 steps! :D

Here's my steps:
1) remove everything inside the truck,carpet,seats,headliner,door panels
2) have couple beers
3) sound deadener to all doors,floor,headliner etc
4) have couple more beers
5) some type of noise barrier
6) run your power wires from battery to back of cab
7) take apart dash and install radio
8) have couple more beers
9) run rca cables to back of cab
10) run door speaker wires to back of cab
11) have couple more beers
12) install door speakers
13) install sub box w/sub
14) install amps
15) have couple more beers
16) hook everything up and put interior back together and your done.
17) finish the rest the beers in the case (24 total)! Reward yourself for hardworking!

:crazy3d::crazy3d::crazy3d::eek:

·
Premium Member
517 Posts

Steps would be:
7) install door speakers
8) install sub box w/sub
9) install amps

Just make sure you run your power wires down one side and your RCA's down the other side for distortion reasons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts