Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Are you interested in a console vault for 05-07 Tacoma or 07 Tundras?

• Yes, I'm interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm not interested

• Maybe, I have questions I will post

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The newer Tacomas (05-07) have NO lockable, secure storage. No locks on the glovebox or console. ConsoleVault has addressed this with their two new offerings. Neither offering is available on their website yet. The Tacoma 05-07 vaults are ready to go and are shipping as soon as they are ordered. The 2007 Tundra vaults are two weeks away from shipping, but pre-orders at this pricing are being taken now. Group-Buy pre-orders will be shipped with priority, all others will have to wait until they are available to the general public.

I can speak for the Tacoma vault, I just got mine today. It is 10.5 pounds of 12 gauge steel with a keyless entry. It is custom contoured to the Tacoma center console, and when the console lid is closed, completely invisible.

During this pre-release group-buy, they are being sold for $336. The item is $289, $35 for the keyless lock, and $12 shipping.

Please respond to the poll and post in the thread with any questions.

Thanks,

EDJ

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Is the keyless entry available on the older 05 Tundra vaults? What exactly is it, just another remote on your keychain, or is it a coded keypad entry?

Thanks!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 3-dial knob/latch on the vault itself. You simply set the code to your preferred 1-in-999 number and then you don't need a key to fumble with to get into the console vault.

Yes, the keyless is an option, but I'm sure glad that's the one I got. No key to fumble with, misplace, worry about, etc.

The new, pre-release vault is for the 07 Tundra. A pre-07 Tundra Double-Cab version is already available. Here're the pix of the keyless and the pre-07 Tundra vaults:

Tacoma Keyless Option-

Pre-07 Tundra Double Cab version with key option-

EDJ

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Other pix of the consolevault I JUST installed this morning. Took me a half-hour with a phillips screwdriver. This is in an 06 Tacoma DC PreRunner V-6 SR5:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I wish this had been available before I purchased a S&W gun vault.

I see on their website, the vaults for other Toyotas are $289. What is the Tacoma vault going to cost when it becomes available on their website? Most group buys involve some sort of discount, and I dont see any obvious reasons to jump on board immediately.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
For those on a budget you can just purchase one of these safes:

6 3/4" H x 6 3/4" W x 9" D with digital and key lock, will fit under the back seat, $24.99:
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

8" H x 7 7/8" W x 12 3/16" D with digital and key lock, might fit under the back seat or in the truck bed, $39.99:

9 7/8" H x 13 3/4" W x 11" D with digital and key lock, might fit under the back seat or in the truck bed, $52.99:

4.9" H x 8.1" W x 12" D with hand-print opener and auto-opening door and lighted interior, $99:

This store has tons of other cool things for trucks as well, and if you live near one of their outlets you don't pay shipping and they sometimes have stuff on sale. I got the $39.99 safe above for $19.99 a few months ago. Bought about 8 of them just to sell to friends at cost. Good place to shop.:tu:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
I'm not clear on this is there one availible for my 02 access cab???? Sorry if it was already stated.

I would love a place to store my Glock while I'm traveling:tu:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, got some more intel on the console vaults.

To briefly recap, these two different console vaults are being made available through this GroupBuy, and neither are available on their website or anywhere else to the general public yet. Each are available including vault, keyless entry, and shipping for $259:

05+ Tacomas (ready for shipping as soon as you order)
07 Tundra (will ship in 1-2 weeks, orders being accepted now for this price)

Matttom, here's their website. Consolevault.com Clicking on Toyota at the bottom will take you to their current offerings (outside of our groupbuy). You should contact Tom at the number and inquire if the 04-05 Tundra DoubleCab model he has on his site will fit in your 02 Tundra.

WileeTundras, these vaults are custom made to fit in truck consoles. I thought about the dimensions of the ones you listed, and I can't find a discreet place in my truck to mount any of those. There're too many electronics and wiring under my seats, and I don't want to bolt it in the truck bed exposed to the elements. Installing any of those in the glove box has two problems; 1.) it may not fit, and 2.) it would be easy to tear out the plastic glovebox and take it with the vault away to work on opening later.

Snakeii, you're right, those prices I posted are the listed sales prices that will be charged IF you buy outside of the GroupBuy. Also, the Tacoma and Tundra vaults are not yet listed for public sales on their website. We not only get a great discount, but we get them pre-release to the public. The price for everything (Vault, keyless entry, and shipping to your door) is $259. If you are not part of the group buy, it will be $336 once they are released for public sales.

**In order to get the price, you have to call TOM directly at 1-800-878-1369 and specifically tell him you are ordering as part of the TundraSolutions Group Buy**

My communication with Tom is pasted below. Sorry if I have been as clear as mud:
=======================================================
Tom
OKAY, I just want to confirm our telephone conversation from today before I put the information on TundraSolutions. You currently do NOT have either the 05-07 Tacoma or the 07 Tundra vaults on your website. The Tacoma vaults are ready to go today. The Tundra vaults will be a week or two. You are offering both the Tacoma vault AND the Tundra vault for $289 including tax, shipping, keyless entry to those that call you directly via your toll free 800-878-1369 number and specifically mention they are with the TundraSolutions group buy.
Tom

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
WileeTundras, these vaults are custom made to fit in truck consoles. I thought about the dimensions of the ones you listed, and I can't find a discreet place in my truck to mount any of those. There're too many electronics and wiring under my seats, and I don't want to bolt it in the truck bed exposed to the elements. Installing any of those in the glove box has two problems; 1.) it may not fit, and 2.) it would be easy to tear out the plastic glovebox and take it with the vault away to work on opening later.
The smaller safes will mount under the backseat of the DoubleCab and they can be bolted to the floor or the seat bracket if needed to prevent them from being stolen out of the vehicle. My truck bed has a LINE-X liner and a hard cover so there is no problem installing one or more safes or toolboxes back there. Any time I take the cover off to haul a big load I could just move the safe into the cab, or remove it altogether when I am not using it. Plus the locking bed cover and tailgate would provide an additional layer of security, and you could fit a much bigger safe in the bed if you had a lot of stuff to secure (several guns, wife's purse, valuable tools, etc.)

Also, it would be just as easy to remove the console vaults from the console if a thief wanted to break them open remotely. At least the steel and locking mechanisms are much stronger on the traditional safes.

The bottom line is that no safe or vault is going to protect a determined thief that has a few minutes to work on the vehicle. They will only stop the thieves of opportunity like mechanics, valets, parking lot attendants, or the smash and grab street punks.

Another note for those without any safe: my 07 Tundra DoubleCab has a locking glovebox which is quite big, in addition to a second glovebox which could be used to hold the traditional stuff so that the locked compartment could be used exclusively for the valuables. The truck even came with a special valet key which will operate the truck but not the locking glovebox.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I confused. Do you mean those safes you linked to can be put under the seat of the back seats in the Tundra? They sure won't fit in my Tacoma!

As for bolting safes to the bed of your truck, the new Tacomas have a composite bed, one must take great care in drilling through that. Here in sunny So Cal, beds are often left open to the elements, not everyone has a topper/tonneau/shell/etc.

As for simply removing the console to get at the vault later, the console vault is bolted to the body metal of the truck through the two screws that originally bolted the console down (pry up the carpet liner) in the Tacoma. It is not a simple lifting of plastic clips to remove.

I'm not arguing that what you have works for you, I'm just putting out here that this guy makes this custom vault and is offering us a very good deal on them. If it isn't something you are interested in, then thank you for your time and attention. I'm not saying this is the end and be all of everything, the panacea to all of our problems.

DISCLAIMER: I'm simply pleased with the product, think others would be also, and am letting people know about it.

It isn't "my" product, it isn't "my" company, I have no stock, interest, investment, or anything else in either the owner, any employees, any contractors, any vendors, any suppliers, or any other person or company that owns, works for, or does business with this place.

EDJ

·
Registered
202 Posts
Okay, got some more intel on the console vaults.

To briefly recap, these two different console vaults are being made available through this GroupBuy, and neither are available on their website or anywhere else to the general public yet. Each are available including vault, keyless entry, and shipping for $259:

05+ Tacomas (ready for shipping as soon as you order)
07 Tundra (will ship in 1-2 weeks, orders being accepted now for this price)

Matttom, here's their website. Consolevault.com Clicking on Toyota at the bottom will take you to their current offerings (outside of our groupbuy). You should contact Tom at the number and inquire if the 04-05 Tundra DoubleCab model he has on his site will fit in your 02 Tundra.

Snakeii, you're right, those prices I posted are the listed sales prices that will be charged IF you buy outside of the GroupBuy. Also, the Tacoma and Tundra vaults are not yet listed for public sales on their website. We not only get a great discount, but we get them pre-release to the public. The price for everything (Vault, keyless entry, and shipping to your door) is $259. If you are not part of the group buy, it will be $336 once they are released for public sales.

**In order to get the price, you have to call TOM directly at 1-800-878-1369 and specifically tell him you are ordering as part of the TundraSolutions Group Buy**

My communication with Tom is pasted below. Sorry if I have been as clear as mud:
Tom
OKAY, I just want to confirm our telephone conversation from today before I put the information on TundraSolutions. You currently do NOT have either the 05-07 Tacoma or the 07 Tundra vaults on your website. The Tacoma vaults are ready to go today. The Tundra vaults will be a week or two. You are offering both the Tacoma vault AND the Tundra vault for $289 including tax, shipping, keyless entry to those that call you directly via your toll free 800-878-1369 number and specifically mention they are with the TundraSolutions group buy.
Tom
I'm interested in one for my 07 DC with bucket seats and fixed center console. Are they making one for this truck? Website doesn't say. I would need to see a picture before commiting to this kind of money.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, they are making one specifically for the new 07 Tundra! Call Tom at the 1-800-878-1369 number, indicate you are part of the TundraSolutions group buy, and ask him for the pix. He'll email them to you.

EDJ

·
Veteran Member
1,048 Posts
First off, thanks for putting the group buy together, I know it can be a PITA but it is appreciated.
It seems that there are a LOT of vehicles that are NOT covered. How about asking the vendor if he can include the universal vault in the group buy?
I would be interested in the universal vault, but would like more information (dimensions, etc).
Thanks again,
Ken

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I requested an update from Tom and this is what he sent me:

The new Tundra vault is in production and I expect to ship within the next
couple weeks, will have an exact date Monday.
The power supply will be accessed inside of the vault, I hope to have a
first article of the product next week and at that time will post info.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm glad the Console Vault company is in Vegas (saved me shipping costs). Tom gave me a tour of his shop. I got a really good deal and it will help me secure my firearm when I am at the gym.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.