Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice that you can’t get the I pod loud enough.http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/images/smilies/cry.gif
:cry: The gain on this connection is pretty anemic. This is a real pain in the a$$. I can tell you that all my other iPod accessories, like iHome and Memorex Boombox have more volume than I can handle. But the accessory connection with iPod @ full volume as well as radio up 100% I barely can hear low volume.

Any ideas as to a fix? please post.... Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you have Sound Check on or off? With my current setup I have to make sure the Sound Check option is turned off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I know what sound check is? Can you elaborate, please?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Depends on the model of iPod you have. Generally, go to the main menu on the iPod, then settings, and in that list you'll see "Sound Check".

I don't remember when that feature was added, and I'm not sure how to change it on the shuffle versions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, with the same settings, I get the results on iHome and Memorex Boombox great volume, but Tundra very poor..so I don't know how iPod settings could affect this, but it's a lead I'm going to run down. Thanks:ts:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yahoo..Problem solved. Just as MACSTER said, I turned the soundcheck to off and experienced enough gain increase so that when I switch from CD or raido station to iPod, volume is now pretty much the same.

Thanks so much for the words of wisdom..:ts:

·
Registered
117 Posts
No problem. It's good to prove I actually know something every now and then ;)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
This is sort of realted, but last week I was getting a bad "popping" from my front dash speakers on the JBL system when the iPod was playing. I thought the dash speakers were blown. I took it to the dealer to see what they thought. It turns out we figured out that the "bass boost" in the iPod had to be truned off because the speakers couldnt handle it. Doh! It sounds good now and no more popping.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My sirius radio sounds great running through the accessory connection,much better than using the fm modulator.:D

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't have an IPod but another brand of MP3 player. I discovered that the volume on the player needs to be turned to maximum and then you get the desired volume on your dash unit.

·
Registered
877 Posts
turn off the sound check, on the ipod, and also, when you connect your ipod, it's on a seperate channel, so you must set your base and treble volume once more, it works for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For best sound quality you should use a line-out and EQ should be flat, meaning all bass boost and other so-called sound enhancers should be turned off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts