Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, today I cranked the truck hard right to get out of a tight parking spot and I heard the steering pop. Mods include a 2.5" OME strut setup and diff drop.

Also, here comes the rant.

Why can't Toyota put a bigger gas tank in this thing? At 10-11 mpg this thing doesn't get too far past pumps in the city. It's very annoying having to fill up every few days because the gas tank is small. Every time I start the truck I can see the needle move - which I attribute to the small gas tank.

I can deal with 10 mpg, but it's really depressing driving 80 miles with a half tank starting out the trip (60 being highway) and only coming up with 1/4 tank left (granted I had about 3-400 lbs in the back).

Secondly, the windshield wiper fluid container is friggin massive. Over a gallon will fit in there (gallon comfortably). It's nice to have but why couldn't Toyota have put that philosophy into the gas tank?

Third, radio still sucks.

Fourth, gas tank is too small.

Fifth, and probably MOST important is this... my TC will unlock when I'm driving at constant acceleration. The RPMs will jump up for a few seconds then back down and THEN shift. It's very odd, and pronounced with the exhaust. It happens on light acceleration.

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
um...yeah....the gas tank issue has been beat to death. the pop is likely with the lift. the radio suckage means you need an aftermarket one or better speakers. the gas tank has still been beat to death. the wiper/washer bottle is huge. but who cares. i rarely use mine anyway. all it does is make a mess on the truck...and smear bugs.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I become more and more firm in my decision to leave my 09 Crewmax 4x4 at stock ride height with every story like this that I hear.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
FWIW i heard one pop from the LF on mine....and i have a "Spacer" type lift...only heard it once, and that was right after i put it in...never could get it to pop again..guessing just something settled..i checked torque on all of the bolts and all are fine. no more since then. who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts