Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 DC, recently i've started having a poping/thumping noise wile TURNING going over bumps, mainly like pulling in and out of my driveway. I can feel it in my steering wheel a little bit, but mostly in my pedals (gas or brake). i was testing it in my driveway and only felt it when my rear wheels would go over the bump, not the front wheels. Sorry if this has already been covered, i searched a bunch but i only found one thread and everyone claimed it happened on any bump and dip at low speeds. mine only happens while turning going over a bump at low speeds, not at higher speeds. I've checked just about everything i can think of, i had a shop just do a suspension check and they found nothing (which is usually how it goes). If it helps at all i recently added strut spacers (leveling kit). but the noise didnt start untill a few weeks after so i doubt its related.
thanks for any help.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Did you get an alignment done after the lift? You need to. Look for "DJs specs"( I think they are in the stickys.) Take those #s with you to the alignment shop.
That should take care of it.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
as suckers posted, that thread has the details. most likely its the rack bushing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts