Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it, I closed the deal on a 07 DC and just took delivery of it. What are popular upgrades on these trucks? I would like to do a CAI, exhaust and leveling kit. I have also heard a lot about a sway bar install. What are the best companies to go with for these upgrades. Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
way to broad of a question to just post and have replies...do a search for each thing u want, theres tons of info...the search is ur friend....

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Good questions, Toyota TRD Swaybar is pretty much the standard for us. There are a few good CAIs, look into KN, Volant, Airaid, and of course TRD CAI.

There are a bunch of choices for exhaust, TRD, Borla, search around and check YouTube to see which ones you like the sound of.

Don't forget the back seat mod, that'll give you acess to a bunch of extra space behind the seats.

Congrats on the truck, you're gonna love it.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I have a CM, but the following mods will work for you as well:
Sway Bar from WWW.TRDSPARKS.COM (Ken)
Dual Borla Exhaust Straight Out The Back from WWW.TRDSPARKS.COM (Ken)
Don't have a CAI, but would probably go with AFE from WWW.AUTOANYTHING.COM
WeatherTech Floorliners from WWW.AUTOANYTHING.COM
VLEDS for DOME, MAP, and DOOR lighting from WWW.VLEDS.com (Jacob)
Wheels and Tires from WWW.RIMZONEONLINE.COM
Tinted Windows, SMOKED HEADS, TAILS, 3rd BRAKE LIGHT (Local at TintCrafters)
Paint your own engine cover (Can of semi-gloss paint color of your choice)

Many more, if you are interested in anything I have done (Look at my images), just PM me..........

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I have a CM, but the following mods will work for you as well:
Sway Bar from WWW.TRDSPARKS.COM (Ken)
Dual Borla Exhaust Straight Out The Back from WWW.TRDSPARKS.COM (Ken)
Don't have a CAI, but would probably go with AFE from WWW.AUTOANYTHING.COM
WeatherTech Floorliners from WWW.AUTOANYTHING.COM
VLEDS for DOME, MAP, and DOOR lighting from WWW.VLEDS.com (Jacob)
Wheels and Tires from WWW.RIMZONEONLINE.COM
Tinted Windows, SMOKED HEADS, TAILS, 3rd BRAKE LIGHT (Local at TintCrafters)
Paint your own engine cover (Can of semi-gloss paint color of your choice)

Many more, if you are interested in anything I have done (Look at my images), just PM me..........
Good info :thumb:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Good info :thumb:
Thanks! This is why I love the forum so we can all get information on deals, places to buy, ideas, opinions, etc.

I know that so much is at our fingers by searching, but sometimes it is nice to just give someone the answers they need right away in case they don't have time to do a search or aren't familiar with how a forum works. This is the first and only forum that I belong to so it took a little time to get used to its functions. I still don't know how to do many tasks on here.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tigerking what color led's did you go with in the cab and how do you like them? How did you tint the headlights, tail lights and 3rd brake light?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Tigerking what color led's did you go with in the cab and how do you like them? How did you tint the headlights, tail lights and 3rd brake light?
VLEDS are white. I bought the brightest they have. It cost me around $73 for all 8 (2 in the MAP, 2 inthe DOME, and 4 in the DOORS).

The heads and fogs have Lamin-X film on them; smoked on the heads and tint on the fogs (fogs will be switched over to smoked next time I go). The tails and 3rd brake light are painted and clear coated professionally.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't mind answering you ether.
I started with a cat back exhaust and TRD cai. The rear TRD sway bar is a really good one, not too expensive and improves handling. Some go with leveling or lift kits and some drop em. Lots of custom grills out there. Debadging may look good to you. Side bars look good and are useful also.
You will get lots of ideas here on the forum. Welcome.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I don't mind answering you ether.
I started with a cat back exhaust and TRD cai. The rear TRD sway bar is a really good one, not too expensive and improves handling. Some go with leveling or lift kits and some drop em. Lots of custom grills out there. Debadging may look good to you. Side bars look good and are useful also.
You will get lots of ideas here on the forum. Welcome.
Right on with the debadging. A little WD40, fishing line, soap and water, and then wax it.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
With the sale going on now, buy the bilsteins vice the leveling kit, then come back around for the other mods like the sway bar, CAI, linex, etc.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yep, you've probably searched and seen that you spend a whole heep of money on this truck, so get the credit card out and get busy.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Forgot to mention color matched door handles. Really clean up the side, especially after debadging. One of my favorites. Easy and not to spendy. Sparks Toyota has em.
you sure can spend a ton o cash changing stuff around.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Forgot to mention color matched door handles. Really clean up the side, especially after debadging. One of my favorites. Easy and not to spendy. Sparks Toyota has em.
you sure can spend a ton o cash changing stuff around.
Rovin,

Hate to go off on a tangent here but do you have a good side view of your truck (I can sort of see it in your sig) with the color matched door handles so we can see how it cleans up the sides? I've got a Super White DC and am thinking about ordering these handles too.

Thanks,

Wes

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Debadging the truck really cleans up the sides alot, i also like the color coded door handles good choice.

·
Registered
225 Posts
With the sale going on now, buy the bilsteins vice the leveling kit, then come back around for the other mods like the sway bar, CAI, linex, etc.
This is the third time I've seen folks say buy Bilsteins leveling kit...I want to lift or level the truck, but what product exactly are you guys talking about? I saw one guy on the forum say he's installed 3 different leveling kits and Bilsteins is the way to go. OK, where are you guys buying this from, and why is Bilsteins the way to go?? And, where are they on sale? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
instead of spacers on a leveling kit, go with coilovers. You can adjust the height and gain ride quality. I have massive 6in spacers on my lift and they suck. With the coil overs grab a set of UCAs to regain your caster. Thats what I wish I did on my truck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts