Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'd be careful with that one.... It appears that you're only getting the SC itself... possibly the inner cooler as well?.... whereas the TRD kit includes other components....
And after the fit kit, you may be spending more, with that auction....

I would definitely question all included parts and PN's for that one...

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Looks like it is just the blower. No injectors, and other parts needed for complete a installation.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
What comes with the supercharger, when bought from the dealer? I'm not talking about the fit kit, just the supercharger half.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
What comes with the supercharger, when bought from the dealer? I'm not talking about the fit kit, just the supercharger half.
Just a supercharger. The fit kit is everything else (based on how my supercharger and fit kit were delivered).

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a supercharger. The fit kit is everything else (based on how my supercharger and fit kit were delivered).
based on what you see rone if this sold for 1k would you consider that a deal? then buy the fit kit for 2k at TRD sparks....thats 3k total and saved 2500 bucks or so???

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
based on what you see rone if this sold for 1k would you consider that a deal? then buy the fit kit for 2k at TRD sparks....thats 3k total and saved 2500 bucks or so???
I got my supercharger and fit kit together for 4270 shipped, so it's not saving quite that much. But to be clear, my order came in 2 boxes - one box had only a supercharger in it, and the other box had everything else. My belief is that is how they were shipped from Toyota, so that's how the parts are sold. It appears the supercharger in the picture is complete, but I didn't go over mine closely enough to be sure/be able to remember.

I'd be hesitant about the warranty with that charger. Would it be covered under the vehicle warranty? Probably something to look into before jumping on it. Assuming that's a complete & new charger then it looks like a good deal. The chargers do get shipped wrapped in a large, clear plastic bag, so I'm curious why this one was opened and now covered in dust?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm curious why this one was opened and now covered in dust?
The seller, NPS, is a salvage recovery company. They sell things that are lost in shipment or purchased as a lot. Say, a Toyota parts delivery semi runs off the road and lands in a river. A salvage company might rescue the freight that was on board and resell it. It may have been purchased from an insurance company after a truck crash or something like that.
Prolly worth a grand, IMO, but it sure would be nice to see it in person before dropping $1k on possible scrap aluminum.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I dont know how cheap you want to call it but I now own the mofo @ 1880.00.

~JH

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I dont know how cheap you want to call it but I now own the mofo @ 1880.00.

~JH
Well, if jocktheglide was also bidding that was kinda dirty.........
Congrats though I hope it all works out

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nothing dirty about it.
I have been talking about buying a TRD supercharger alone and retro fitting my own install kit for a few weeks now.

-It would be naïve to assume that I didn’t see that listing before seeing Jock mention it here (as I have been searching and pricing ebay and craigslist daily *including previously mentioning searching ebay).

In truth I was none to thrilled to see someone posting a thread about it here.

(and after actually reading this thread I didnt see anywhere where Jock was saying he was going to bid).....

~JH

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nothing dirty about it.

(and after actually reading this thread I didnt see anywhere where Jock was saying he was going to bid).....

~JH
nope guys no bidding here and yes your right jonny I didnt say I was going to bid I just wanted to share with others a possible substitution for a cheaper charger instead of paying 3500 dollars. I actually dont have enough money for it Im still waiting on my tundra from the factory to be shipped to the dealership and hopefully I have enough money :D

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
No need to get defensive. I was only stating that IF he were bidding against you and you previously didn't know about the auction THEN it would have been kinda dirty. No big deal. Like I said before I hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Or it could be like mine thats going to be for sale shortly somewhere. Stupid fedex dropped mine on the nose and bent the pulley and did possible front bearing and internal damage. They are going to cover it, but the charger is going to end up somewhere for sale im sure. I certainally would not want it on my truck! In the mean time I had to cough up another $3000 for another one so I wouldnt have to wait for several weeks or months till they straighten it all out and refund my money

·
Registered
315 Posts
You gotta be careful with packaging, that for sure.

I work for UPS Engineering and see some pretty crazy stuff.
Truth is IMO UPS is really good about acknowledging damage and taking care of people.

Personally, I would say about 90% of the time something gets damaged it wasnt packed for poop....but sometimes things happen.

If their is a prob with this unit they (the company selling it) will refund 100% of my coin (or UPS if its damaged, but they would do it for anyone)....or I can get it taken care of....I have my ways. ;)

I am almost 100% sure any item UPS paid a claim on that the customer refuses gets destroyed (*or sent back to the shipper, I am not sure) due to potential liability that the damaged product could malfunction causing harm to person or other.

I do know however that 'overgoods' (items that dont have a label, no address, no return and random items that fall out of a box that can not be accounted for) get shipped to a warehouse and are auctioned off by lot....but not damaged items with a claim paid.

I am not worried their is a problem with it. If there is, I will get it taken care of....no biggie.

Heres a shot of the "Tundra Mafia" and some of my employees inside the belly of the beast:

I want one in EVERY color!

~JH

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good luck on the SC and report back how it operated....man that was a good deal if everything works out you saved what 50%??

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I am almost 100% sure any item UPS paid a claim on that the customer refuses gets destroyed (*or sent back to the shipper, I am not sure) due to potential liability that the damaged product could malfunction causing harm to person or other.
I can confirm that this is not the case. I was a preload supervisor for 2 years, so I got to know all the on-car supes and center manager very well at my local distribution facility. My supercharger was damaged in-transit by UPS, and they sent out a call tag to claim the damaged supercharger after I received a replacement. I talked with the on car supe both before and after he came and inspected the damage and he said UPS would take back the damaged one and sell it in as-is condition.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Rone, sounds like you have a more info on this subject then I do (must admit that I am not up on the opperational side of things....by choice).
Come monday I will find out the details of where this stuff goes.

Seems to me however that if someone sells something damaged there is a responsibility to disclose the known damage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as this supercharger goes, I called the company before I bid and they were very happy to answer all my questions (including asking who their shipper is). They also had the back story on this unit. I can not say with 100% certainty its perfect, but based on the circumstances they acquired it I am about 99.

They also are building a custom crate to ship it. In truth they seemed really on top of things.

NPS Store

Seem like good people.

~JH

1 - 20 of 35 Posts