Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Possible simple tranny clunk fix?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  masterdiagnostictech 
#1 ·
About 3 days ago I decided to clean my throttle body. After taking the intake off I was surprised to see how much dirt/gunk had built up inside with only 17000 miles. I took a micro fiber towel and wiped it down with some carb cleaner. I sprayed cleaner directly to the towel, not to the throttle body.

I should have taken a picture of the towel afterwards it was hideous!
So far I have noticed a reduced "clunk" when downshifting or upshifting and normal driving. Everything seems much smoother operating.

Possible diagnosis for the clunk is that the throttle body is sticking, therefore when accelerating or decelerating a slight thud may be felt. Just my observations, this may or may not work for those with clunking trannys but its worth a shot. If anything you'll have a cleaner TB afterwards :p

#4 ·
Yep I agree this is unrelated. However, there have been a lot of threads about this subject recently and I guess I don't really get this much. I have probably only had this happen a couple of times in three years. I come to a complete stop at stop signs, maybe that is why I'm not under the right conditions to experience this problem...

#7 ·
Try it!!!!! Your truck will run better.......

#8 ·
im not surprised, K&n filters suk.... they breath more air cause they dont clean it as well.. the maf sensors and tbody's get coated with dirt with any k&n or cold air style kits.. they sound cool,, make a tiny bit more hp but dont clean very well... and thats what a air cleaner is for,, cleaning the air before it goes into the engine... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.