Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a billet grille on my 06, but I think it looks goofy with the chrome strip that is on the top of the bumper. Is there a way that you can order a color-coded strip to replace it, or just remove it entirely? Has anyone done anything like this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked into getting rid of the bottom chrome stip also. I didn't do it but seems to me, to do it right, you have to replace the SR5 bumper with a Limited bumper (all the same color).

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you look around you can see some pics of what some have done, PAINT it the same color as the bumper. I think I saw it on a grill ad site. Try looking for some grill sites and look at the bumpers. It don'
t look bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I want to install a billet grille on my 06, but I think it looks goofy with the chrome strip that is on the top of the bumper. Is there a way that you can order a color-coded strip to replace it, or just remove it entirely? Has anyone done anything like this?

It is removeable but you will have holes in your bumper where the chrome strip was don't quote me but I think you can replace it with a limited painted strip or go to your local bodyshop or dealership and inquire about refinishing the chrome strip but that could be pricey it will cost more than you paid for your billet grill insert

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had the same dilemma as you did. I asked a local paint and body shop and the estimater told me it is easier to buy a new bumper and have it painted than for you to have the chrome piece removed and have the holes filled.

I bought a limited bumper cover from a member on this site. I just posted a photograph of it the other day.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It was already painted white and I had a body shop fill in and paint the holes where the license plate was mounted too.

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I just painted mine. I would add the clear sticker protector from 3m if I were doing it over again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts