Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Tundra without day time running lights. I always drive with my parking lights or headlights on, and when I turn them on in my Tundra, the radio and dash lights dim so much its hard to see during the day.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

·
Registered
99 Posts
this may sound obvious, but, did you try the little adjustment/dimmer switch thingy?

·
Registered
74 Posts
the dimmer switch doesn't help. I'm interested in a solution also.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha... yea, the dimmer is turned up as bright as it will let me. With my headlights off, its plenty bright during the day. The auto dim for the headlights is just VERY dim. Its odd, because my wife's 08 Camry is too bright at night with the auto dim.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In my '10 CM Limited, the dimming switch has a detent towards the brightest setting. Once you roll past that detent, the dash lights are the some brightness whether the headlights are on or not. I too, drive with my lights on at times and have never had an issue being able to see the clock. The only issue I have had is going into the nav screen and shifting it from night-time mode to daylight mode.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked, no detent.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah no detent here either...they dont have them like GM etc does.

but this is another deal that was discussed a ton 3 years ago when they came out...u can get the dealer to brighten the displays via the scan tool plug in thingy...do some research here and u can find it...the clock is impossible to see when the lights are on in the daytime unless u have them change the brightness..i never did, i just got used to it....

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i think the limited might have a different setup than us non automatic headlight people...the limited has the auto headlights...the rest of us have to turn them on or off by ourselves....i bet thats the difference...limited/vs non

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to the dealer today to get my new gas pedal installed, they tell me that there is no setting in techstream to change the brightness on my truck. Now, this is the same dealer that told me that they tried to enable my alarm, but its not there. Don't know if they are being dishonest, they have not had a problem changing other things in techstream for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts