Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, I guess that would be just me then. Just went over 300,000 miles on my 2002 Tundra Lim. TRD 4x4. Hasn't missed a beat along the way. It'll be paid off March 2007 So I need her to make it just a bit longer. Here's the odo:

And here she is (and me) at the 300k mark!

Okay, cmon all you 300k'ers. It's lonely at the top!

Drive safe

·
Registered
113 Posts
First like to say congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the 300,000 mile benchmark

Glad to see someone"s tundra is holding up so what all have you had to replace on this long journey and are you the original owner or at what mileage did you pick her up at? Heck it would take me about 15 yrs to put that many miles on a vehicle now that the gas prices seem to just keep on rising.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am the original owner, purchased in March 2002. Only replaced the timing belt and did some front suspension work before the 50j recall which is now covered by the recall. Toyota re-imbursed me for the work had done on it so no problems there. New Brake rotors as well. That's it really. Still get 17-18mpg. Not a drop of oil burned or leaking. Toyota has done ALL the work BTW, I think that is very important.

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's awesome. I was getting all jittery at the 90K mark. Glad to see it'll go for a little while longer.

Congrats

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I own a courier business that is contracted to deliver the lost luggage from the airlines to people's homes. Needless to say, they keep us very busy, especially this time of year. We operate out of Norfolk and deliver in a 200 mile radius from there. Anywhere from DC down to North Carolina and as far west as Charlottesville. Most (80%) of my miles are highway so I guess that helps. I cruise at 2000RPM most of the day so I don't think the V8 really gets worked up over that at all! I run Iridium plugs and a K&N filter just so I dont have to change thase every month. Tranny and coolant is flushed yearly and oil changes are usually around the 8-10k mark. Toyota does all the work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
WOW!

You have spent roughly 40,000 dollars on gas in that truck. And that is the lowest estimate figuring 18mpg at 2.40 a gallon!

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
prkiller said:
WOW!

You have spent roughly 40,000 dollars on gas in that truck. And that is the lowest estimate figuring 18mpg at 2.40 a gallon!

Congrats!
If you think that is steep just imagine the repair bill total for any other full size truck! :tu:

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,284 Posts
300k on your Tundra!

Propak said:
Just went over 300,000 miles on my 2002 Tundra Lim. TRD 4x4.
Excellent!

What, if any mods have you done to your truck?
I would also be interested in what tires you run and how long they last.

I hope to rack up as many miles on my '02 - your experience and maintenance records/tips would be a great help.

I was just over 200K on my T100 when a local guy offered me a bunch of cash for it - I still see it rolling the road from time to time :)

Thanks ~

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as the $40,000 in fuel costs, well, you're right. It is a big chunk of my expenses but then again it is a write off on taxes too. Maintenance issues have been pretty much routine deals except for my front suspension problems relating to the recall (see previous posts). I have replaced the brake rotors at 250,000 miles and the rear drum pads are (finally) worn out and will not pass inspection in March. The tires I have been the happiest with are the Michelin X radial LT. I get about 80,000 miles out of them. Replaced O2 sensors at 100k and have a check engine light now for the catlytic convertors. They are clogging up so they say but its been on for about 150k miles and it is still running fine. I get 17-18mpg. I am sure there are other things that I can think of but really, they have been minimal. Foglight just went out a couple weeks ago....good grief. It's pretty bad when you really have to stop and find things wrong with your truck after 300,000 miles but it's tough. I'll TRY to come up with something...I think there may be a stain on the carpet in the back. I'll let ya know.

Drive safe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Propak said:
As far as the $40,000 in fuel costs, well, you're right. It is a big chunk of my expenses but then again it is a write off on taxes too. Maintenance issues have been pretty much routine deals except for my front suspension problems relating to the recall (see previous posts). I have replaced the brake rotors at 250,000 miles and the rear drum pads are (finally) worn out and will not pass inspection in March. The tires I have been the happiest with are the Michelin X radial LT. I get about 80,000 miles out of them. Replaced O2 sensors at 100k and have a check engine light now for the catlytic convertors. They are clogging up so they say but its been on for about 150k miles and it is still running fine. I get 17-18mpg. I am sure there are other things that I can think of but really, they have been minimal. Foglight just went out a couple weeks ago....good grief. It's pretty bad when you really have to stop and find things wrong with your truck after 300,000 miles but it's tough. I'll TRY to come up with something...I think there may be a stain on the carpet in the back. I'll let ya know.

Drive safe.
Thanks, Propak.....you just answered my question about the check engine light/catalytic converter...I can go another 150,000 (odometer at 133,000 now) miles after the light came on and was coded -catalytic converter- diagnosed, and the converter will not be so clogged that the engine won't run. But to avoid engine damage from backpressure and muffler clogging, may get it done earlier. Looking for cheaper aftermarket part than the $800 + labor OEM Toyota catalytic converter part.

Most miles I ever drove one of my Toyota trucks (seven total now) in last two decades was 241,000 miles on the '87 4x4 22RE 4 cyl. engine (I saved the speedometer as it failed shortly before selling to a brother who drove it to approximately 300,000 miles!).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have that identical truck and only 95000 miles on it. I am thrilled to know I got lots of life left in it. My lift probably won't help but it helps when I'm driving stupid!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Wow, blast from the past. I love when rookies drudge up two year old posts.

So, how many miles are on the 300k mile wonder now? You should be at half a mil or so based on your previous rate. Any major failures/repairs to report?

My truck is a 2006 DC 4x4 and I just turned 13k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got 160k on my 01 2wd access cab, original owner. Would be interesting to see if he has hit something like 500k, can the tranny go that long?

My truck still runs like new, very smooth, pretty impressive truck for sure.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can't imagine driving that many miles, I have 115k on my 03 v8 ac.cab and i bought it on 04 with 60 k ,so it will take me a while to get to 200k. I'm confident tundras are built to last. too bad gas prices are as high as they are now.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Here I am with 55600 on my 06 and Im freaking out!

I gotta stop driving it..

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
My truck wont even make it to 200K without something major going like the transmission let alone 300K. I think that the frame will be gone by 200K.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts