Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
i HAVE A 2000 TRD LIMITED ACCESS CAB 4X4 WITH 260,000 MILES ON IT. I BOUGHT IT NEW WITH 35 MILES.IHAVE TOYOTA CHANGE THE TIMING BELT EVERY 110,000 MILES. I HAVE REPLACED THE WATER PUMP ONE TIME AT 110,OOO MILES.I HAVE INSTALLED A 2 1/2 IN. LEVELING KIT IN THE FRONT AND REMOVED THE RESONATOR ON THE EXHAUST AND REPLACED THE FACTORY EXHAUST WITH STAINLESS STEEL HEADERS AND 2IN INLET 21/2 IN DUAL OUTLET EXHAUST PIPES WITH 4IN TIPS. THE MUFFLER IS A 2 CHAMBER FLOWMASTER. I DESIGNED A COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM WITH A 4 IN.PIECE OF DRAIN PIPE AND A K&N CONE FILTER. REPROGRAMMED THE ECM TO EXCEPT THE LARGER VOLUME OF AIR FLOW.I RE-INSTALED THE MAF SENSOR INTO THE DRAIN PIPE AND USED A PIECE OF INNER TUBE AND SOME WATER PROOF GASKET MAKER TO SEAL THE MAF SENSOR TO THE PIPE.TOYOTA REPLACED THE TRANS AT 54,000 MILES WHEN THE OVERDRIVE UNIT WENT OUT AND JUNKED THE TRANNY.THE ENGINE STILL RUNS GREAT AND USES NO OIL. I USE CASTROL SYNTEC 10W -30 MOTOR OIL,TOYOTA FILTERS AND SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID,GREASE FOR THE DRIVELINE,AND I DRAIN THE POWER STEERING FLUID AND THE TRANS FLUID AT 30,000 MILES AND REPLACE IT WITH MOBIL 1 SYNTHETIC TRANS FLUID.I DRIVE ACROSS A LARGE MOUNTAIN TO WORK EVERY DAY AND PASS COAL TRUCKS AND LOG TRUCKS.THE TRUCK SPINS THE TIRES HALF WAY PAST THE TRUCKS WHEN I PASS THEM! THE TRUCK STILL HAS ALL KINDS OF POWER.I INTEND ON DRIVING IT UNTIL IT DIES! GO TOYOTA!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW!!! I have to meet up with this guy on Tuesday (July 6th) who's selling his 02 Tundra SR5 AC TRD 4.7L V8 2WD with 184000 miles. I was mainly concern about the high mileage and going to cancel the appointment. I'm glad I ran across this thread and gave me something to think about. I think I'm gonna gamble and check out the truck. Your $0.02 will be greatly appreciated though (as far as maintenance replacement if I end up buying it). And btw, his asking price $4000.

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Check to see when (if) he had the timing belt replaced. With that mileage he
should've done it twice, unless he held off and had it done past the recommended
mileage (90K). If he did have it done you should see if he had the water pump
done also. The timing belt is a pretty labor intensive job and can be pretty
expensive to have done.

A lot of people gamble with not getting it done and it has been beaten to death
on this site, but if you don't get it done and it goes than you'll be paying a hell
of a lot more for a new engine.

Finally, the more maintenance documents the seller can produce the better you'll
be. If you go to edmunds.com you can appraise the truck and find out what
would be a fair price to pay for it. It takes into consideration the options, mileage,
year and condition of the vehicle, plus other things. The more info you have
the better you'll be able to gauge a good price.

I currently have over 104K on mine and it runs like the day I bought it. I figure
around 2026 I'll have 300K on it. Believe me when I tell you, if I can keep it
that long I will. Good luck.

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hit 300000 miles a couple weeks ago in my 2001 tundra Its my 4th toyota truck and my 5th toyota my first was a toyota 4x4 Im 33 and the only vehicle my dad has ever owned since Ive been around is toyota. so I guess whats next Is how do I get toyota to sponsor me? I love what you do for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am looking at a 2003 Tundra it has 300,000. Miles on it. Has never had a problem etc. was using it to go to work. I’m just not too sure about the mileage thing though.

What do you think .,

Hatti

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome dude! Original owner 2005 double cab 2wd, I’m at 223,700 and she purrs like a kitten. 5100’s all around w/ 4wd trd springs up front, gives me about 1-1/2” lift up front. Getting ready to replace ball joints and possibly tie rod ends once I get down there and inspect everything… never given me any problems. I could use new rims as mine are peeling bad, other than that I still love it. Toyota service guy once told me they’re built hit 400K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh, I guess that would be just me then. Just went over 300,000 miles on my 2002 Tundra Lim. TRD 4x4. Hasn't missed a beat along the way. It'll be paid off March 2007 So I need her to make it just a bit longer. Here's the odo:

And here she is (and me) at the 300k mark!

Okay, cmon all you 300k'ers. It's lonely at the top!

Drive safe

·
Registered
97 Posts
355, 000 plus until January black ice put her to the grave. It never lossed or burned any oil, could climb a hill with car on trailer fully loaded and gain speed. It was one fast truck being 2 wheel drive with headers. I was sure I would have it until I hit 1,000,000 miles. So I could put the engine in a Datsun 260z and continue with the mileage. Just a thought since I have everything. Engine still runs, timing belt has 100 miles on it, and have everything to run it, and a bare Datsun shell...ummmmmm.

·
Registered
2004 TRD,SR5,V8,auto
1 Posts
2004 2wd v8/auto with 326,000....and that's about all she wrote it seems...This was my dads truck. He just had work done to it...Air pump..? I believe and driveshaft bearing&U joints.
I am thinking the mechanic did not do something right with the air pump replacement? he barely got over 100 miles on it and the motor locked up...had not been burning oil/using oil, pinging,making any noises...nothing.
Of course the shop that did the work just says it happened because of the milage. I am wanting to look into why the motor would lock up...we will see

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 497,000 miles on my 2000 and only have 6 more payments! LOL. Replaced timing belt 3 times and valve cover gaskets. I got 275,000 out of the factory spark plugs!! Synthetic oil changed every 10,000 miles. Two tranny fluid changes. On my third paint job in Florida because the sun cooks the clearcoat.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Mileage in signature

Reactions: Jonesy
21 - 38 of 38 Posts