Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since almost everyone on here has done something to their truck to change the sound of it in some fashion, have you heard it next to a stock tundra lately? I had that experience last night on my way to work, stopped at a gas station and parked next to a guy who has a 2000 SR5 bone stock and was parked next to my 2000 LTD with JBA headers, Gibson exhaust, K&N intake, and his truck just sounded kinda weak...

Ohh well maybe I was just worn out but I thought it was awesome, especially when his girlfriend looked over and smiled...

·
Registered
474 Posts
I, on the other hand, listen to a daily driven truck with a loud exhaust system and wonder......WTF were they thinking. ;)

If I need a noise fix I have something with some REAL cubes that I crank...............

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats just unfair.... My truck isnt too loud, just more noise than stock. Definately not my daily driver... That GTO is sweet man I'm insanely jealous

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Stock daily driver or a modded Tundra is all great. Some like it quiet, some like some noise.

I like a little noise with a V8 (not crazy noise), especially because it is not a DD. Just a matter of taste or what you like.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I normally let of the gas a little to hear other Tundra's exhaust if they are stock or not. I'm not sure why, but I find myself doing it often. Maybe waiting to see if I like the sound of theirs better....... hasn't happened yet. With the JBA's, removed resonator, and Spintech muffler my truck sounds pretty rude when I want it to and tame when I don't. It's a nice set up to live with, I've gone too loud before and know the misery of living with that ever day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a Spintech too - like it a lot. It's mellow if you need it to be but sounds mean when you romp on it. Spintech is a cool company to deal with.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I heart my TRD dual exhaust. Thinking about headers to go with it... is JBA the only game out there? I'm surprised TRD does not make a set.

As far as mods go, my next mod will probably be removing the stinky chrome fender trim that came on my truck... and dropping the coin to replace the Waltrip badges on the rear door pillars that the original owner took off.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I heart my TRD dual exhaust. Thinking about headers to go with it... is JBA the only game out there? I'm surprised TRD does not make a set.

As far as mods go, my next mod will probably be removing the stinky chrome fender trim that came on my truck... and dropping the coin to replace the Waltrip badges on the rear door pillars that the original owner took off.
No, apparently, I have TRD headers on my truck, according to the dealership I got it from. To be honest, I heard they suck, so yeah JBA and doug thorley are it I guess.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I, on the other hand, listen to a daily driven truck with a loud exhaust system and wonder......WTF were they thinking. ;)

If I need a noise fix I have something with some REAL cubes that I crank...............

The green makes it look slow j/k :pound:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
TRD headers are pretty nice but they don't make them anymore as far as I know. There are other options for headers, mostly shorties. I have seen some for pretty cheap, just don't remember names.

Atilla, I'm running the 2.5" in 2.5" out prostreet muffler. It's the second smallest street muffler they make. I kept the stock tailpipe from the muffler back.
I have heard the sportsman muffler(one size bigger than mine) on a tundra with full pipe and it sounded a bit deeper.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a K&N air filter, modified air box, and a MagnaFlow muffler on mine with the stock tailpipe. I love the way it sounds and I've had quite a few compliments on it. It isn't crazy loud, but has just enough growl to make people question what's really under the hood... It also makes my dad and brother jealous with their stock exhausts! :laughing3d:

·
Registered
515 Posts
No, apparently, I have TRD headers on my truck, according to the dealership I got it from. To be honest, I heard they suck, so yeah JBA and doug thorley are it I guess.
I've heard good things about Doug Thorley and JBA... will look into both. Stinky chrome fender trim has been 86ed tonight. The amount of dust and grime those things trap is amazing. There's enough soil on my garage floor to start a farm! The 4 door looks waaaay smoother now w/out them :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Last week this guy pulled up with an 06 SR5 black tundra V8(i think it was, had newer style taillights) and you can tell he had exhaust and his truck was loud, modded up a bit.... my truck being bone-stock i thought i was gonna just barely keep up.... I ended up beating him by a car length and was wondering wtf my truck has no mods at all? lol

i just love the nice muffled noise on my truck.... you can only hear the engine roar in the cabin and tires screeching in the back lol I'm gonna soon get a CAI and a mild exhaust... nothing fancy just wanna get a little extra performance hahaha.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jba headers and full exhaust with y-pipe and magna flow. Sounds great....

Add the TRD supercharger and it really sounds MEAN !!!!!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
You may take my tundra, but you couldn't pull away from my real toy. There's no replacement for displacement... until you come across a car that's half the weight. :first: 13.6 @103MPH is the best so far(I know you still have me beat), with full steel body and spare in the trunk.

This car cost me $1500, but making anybody who can't keep up go :facepalm: is absolutely priceless. I do like Pontiac's though, it's nice to see a car like that in good shape.:tu:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/off-topic/179136-pics-of-project-cars-thread/

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
You may take my tundra, but you couldn't pull away from my real toy. There's no replacement for displacement... until you come across a car that's half the weight. :first: 13.6 @103MPH is the best so far(I know you still have me beat), with full steel body and spare in the trunk.

This car cost me $1500, but making anybody who can't keep up go :facepalm: is absolutely priceless. I do like Pontiac's though, it's nice to see a car like that in good shape.:tu:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/off-topic/179136-pics-of-project-cars-thread/
How in the world do you keep a transaxle in it?
I had a 72 Super Beetle back in the 80's. What a car and could fix it with a crescent wrench and a screw driver.

·
Banned
444 Posts
I don't like the noise too much either, but I like power and flow. thus I have a full Magnaflow true dual set-up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts