Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone here have seat covers for the Sequoia's, and if you can, post pics of them in this thread. I'm curious to see what different ones are out there and if you can state where you purchased them, from what company, etc? The only company I know of are Wet Okole's.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Wow, that is a tough one. Seat covers generally suck from my experience. I did buy the Wet Okole's for my old 4Runner, and loved them. They were very comfortable, and looked like a custom seat. I had them send me some swatches to compare the interior color, and matched the interior perfectly. I did the simple tan with a factory looking piping to keep it simple. You can buy the water proofing spray and cleaner too. The only thing I didn't like about them, was that it was a little harder to get in the seat. I was used to sliding in, and the seat covers provided some friction which took some getting used to. They do look good. I've never seen any other covers look good....rather they looked like Pep Boys specials.

If you want something nicer, I would suggest trying to purchase some of the last set of TRD replacement seat upholstery from eBay. There are a couple left from the last time I looked, and I would bet you could get a set for around $200. It will cost you probably $600 to have it installed, but it's a factory option kit and very well made. The Wet Okle will cost you $250 per row.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
They will usually take a small break, and begin selling them again. Just keep watching and they will probably come back. The link you provided is the same factory seat cover, but they are trying to get more money out of the same part. Still not a bad price...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just picked up a set of TRD covers for $50 on Ebay. The seller bought the set and only used the front lowers. Sold the rest. I'm gonna have them tomorrow.. I'll post pics. I'm gonna then take the covers to a local shop to have them make the front lowers for me. Overall, it should be cheaper than $250

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
The person who sells them on eBay doesn't always list what she has. I lost an auction for some and just emailed her asking her if she had another set. She did, and offered them to me for cheaper than what I would have had to spend on them in the auction.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
OK.....If anyone can advise me on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

My Sequoia is at the Upholstery shop having the TRD leather kit installed and the guy says that there are airbags in the seats and that the TRD leather doesn't have the inside part perforated so the airbag pops out when needed. He said that the original leather does. Has anyone else had this issue? He said I'll have to sign a waiver for safety reasons.

Should I be concerned?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Anyways, the upholstery shop did some alterations and made it work. They look great. They charged me $620 total for installation.

If anyone is interested in my old set of leathers, please let me know. The 2nd and 3rd row are practically brand new. The 3rd row always sat in the garage and no one ever sits in the 2nd row. They are gray leather and come out of my 2001 Limited 4WD Sequoia. I posted them for sale in the classified section.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thread revival, but can any of you post pictures of the TRD seat covers? I am thinking about getting these. Thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
OK State, just an FYI on these seat covers. They look good, and feel good...more so when the temps are cold. However, the Limited model Sequoia has airbags in the front seats. The covers were designed for the SR5 seats with no airbags, and to make them fit the limited...you have to pull the little bolts off the strap that allows the seat to tear out upon impact. The upholstery shop will make you sign a waiver for liability issues. Also, the shop will more than likely break some plastic part in the car, and you won't know about it till later. If your seats are in great condition, it may not be worth the extra $700 to have them installed.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Sorry Sternern...just read your post.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought the tan/oak TRD replacement covers from seller maryjon (sp?) off of ebay. I think mine when I bought it was around $150.00. I bought it a while ago because lately he has them listed as a buy it now for $250.00. He's a nice guy. He's local to me and I met up with him in St. Pete to pick it up to save on shipping.

I want to install them so bad but I have a 3 year old (going to be 4 in June) and a 9 month old and I just dread what would happen to my nice new TRD covers once they are both back there eating and throwing crap at each other....

I FINALLY was able to find a wood steering wheel for my 04 Sequoia in tan/ burlwood. It was a buy it now auction for $99 with like $12 bucks for shipping. There is only one left so if you want one, hurry!!

The last mod that is sitting in my garage is one of those TRD mesh grills. I need to get it painted to match.

I really need to get all these parts installed. I will post pics at some point.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought the tan/oak TRD replacement covers from seller maryjon (sp?) off of ebay. I think mine when I bought it was around $150.00. I bought it a while ago because lately he has them listed as a buy it now for $250.00. He's a nice guy. He's local to me and I met up with him in St. Pete to pick it up to save on shipping.

I want to install them so bad but I have a 3 year old (going to be 4 in June) and a 9 month old and I just dread what would happen to my nice new TRD covers once they are both back there eating and throwing crap at each other....

I FINALLY was able to find a wood steering wheel for my 04 Sequoia in tan/ burlwood. It was a buy it now auction for $99 with like $12 bucks for shipping. There is only one left so if you want one, hurry!!

The last mod that is sitting in my garage is one of those TRD mesh grills. I need to get it painted to match.

I really need to get all these parts installed. I will post pics at some point.
I'm in the same boat as you. I would hate to install my seat covers and have the kids spill something on them. Although my kids are older than yours, but spilling is spilling.

All I need to find is the front grill, and I'm complete.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The shop I went to was a bunch of ricers. They didn't tell me anything about the air bag problem. They just said give me $400 and we will figure it out. I will not be going back there haha. I think the door panels would be cool to do, but they were charging me $300 for 4 doors! Why can't things in life just be free???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, the TRD seat covers are up to $677 from that e-bay store, the leathers are $900.

I was reading a thread on installing aftermarket seat heaters.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...s/178748-diy-rostra-comfort-heat-seat-heater/

To install the heaters the seat cover has to be removed. Would seat cover replacement be as simple as removing the old seat cover as detailed in the heater install, installing the seat heater and putting the new covers on? Is there some other prep or installation that the upholstery shop does on the new covers?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would think the installation would be similar. Although, I'm assuming new hog rings would be required. It's also possible there might be more issues when the actual seat is fully removed. In the instructions, he only removed enough of the seat cover to install the heaters.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts