Toyota Tundra Forums banner

201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What PSI do you run in your air bags when towing? I am installing them on my 2018 Sequoia this weekend...hoping to get rid of that extra bounce while towing our 5000lbs trailer.
I just got back from a 5 day trip with a 5,000 lb trailer and I ran my air bags at 42 psi, max is 50 psi (2016 Sequoia). I was on two track off-road trails and it did awesome.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just got back from a 5 day trip with a 5,000 lb trailer and I ran my air bags at 42 psi, max is 50 psi (2016 Sequoia). I was on two track off-road trails and it did awesome.
Pictures? What trails?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello All,

Here are some pics of my 2018 Sequoia SR5 4x4 after installation of:

Continental Terrain Contact A/T 275 / 70 / 18 on the stock rims, I have had these tires before and really like their combination of on road handling and off road/snow capabilities.

Revtek kit 441 lift, the height of both fenders is now 39"

there was a little rubbing at full lock on the skid plate, bent corner of skid plate back.

The truck looked too much like a mini van before and I'm happy with the result after a couple weeks of driving. The E rated tires along with the revtek kit stiffened up the ride a bit and I can feel more of the bumps and potholes in everyday driving, but its not bad. I really liked the OEM cadillac ride, but in the tire size I wanted p rated tires are not available. This is mainly a family hauler, but will see plenty of gravel roads and washboard here in the Cascades of Oregon and Washington and plenty of time on the sand at the beach.

Next thing I'd like to do is add SPC upper control arms. I'm also considering Spidertrax 1.25 spacers to bring the stance out a little wider, the wheels and tires sit inside the wheel wells more than a stock Tacoma or 4runner. But I'm undecided on the spacers due to concerns with wheel bearing wear. we'll see.

Another thing I added was the 3D Kagu maxpider floorliners and cargo mat, excellent look and fit.

I'll also add Clazzio leather seat covers soon.

I wanted to post this here for research purposes for other Sequoia owners to show the look of the vehicle, It really looks a lot different from stock now even though the pictures don't show it. It's a dramatic change, looks more like a big 4Runner now.

The Sequoia is an awesome, super comfortable vehicle and perfect for our family of four, Have fun out there!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts

Didn’t get any action shots, but it was an interesting trail to get here. Overlooking Sedona, AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice. It looks like you came up FR 153a, above the Schnebly Hill overlook. I love the spot. :) Your right, 153A does have some rocky challenges on it. I towed my off road trailer up there a couple times.

I went up there to get this shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a 2017 SR5 Sequoia last December to replace my 2004 4Runner. At times is was a challenge to build it up they way I wanted, but in the end, I love it.

ICON remote res coilovers on the front (Fender height on front is 40.5")
ICON UCAs on the front.
2.5" progressive Dobinsons rear springs (fender height on rear is 41.5")
Remote res King shocks on the rear
RCI skids for engine, trans/Xfer case and gas tank
18X9 SRS wheels with 23 degree offset
285/70/18 Nitto EXO Grappler tires
Custom welded on rock sliders
Airlift 1000 rear assist bags on order
Hopefully a winch bumper next year :)

It took some work to figure out the right set up for the rear King shocks. They are now perfect and react identical to the front ICONs.

Here are the set up details:

The more powerful Dobinson springs overpower the rebound dampening of the shocks which causes hard drop off when coming off a rock lip or curb. The fix is to leave the compression valving as is for stock. Then stiffen the rebound valving with Valve shim kit P/N VS1525. These are .015 X 2.5 shock.
Bottom line is, if you call King and tell them that you need 22" shock length with the .015 stiffer valving on rebound, with standard compression valving. They should be able to get you the shocks you want. Just have them include the resizing bushing for the mounts that drop them down to the .75" diameter to fit the Sequoa mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
New shoes. Goodyear UltraTerrains 275/70/18 E1 125Q. Fit well on my current wheels/offset with no other mods. These are E rated and are a much smoother ride than my previous E rated Goodyear All-Terrain Adventure w Kevlar tires. The sidewall on those were beastly firm, but they did run 55k miles though and still had quite a bit of tread left. These don't come with mileage warranty but feel they are a nice snowflake rated tire and like a less burly duratrac.

·
Registered
84 Posts
2012 SR5
New oem toyota LED headlights and fillers
Tundra platinum 20” wheels

Lake Superior views from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula:

Northern WI

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here is my basically stock 2008 Sequoia Limited that I picked up a few weeks ago.
I picked it up on Ebay with only 88,500 miles on the clock. Great condition and ready to mildly modify.
Outside the only change is from the factory 18" wheels and skinny tires to my 20" wheels and
285 60 Michelins that I removed from my Tundra (which I have sold)
5 Tundras (a 2003, 2007, 2010, 2015, and finally a 2008) later this is my first Sequoia,

As with all my vehicles this will be a project always changing.
I tend to the factory special look, so R.W. wheels or the new TRD pro wheels are the current thought process.
A mild lift, and maybe a little de-chroming.

Lots of good inspiration on here. On the wild side I love JBTacos, and TundraExpos works of art and functionality.

Thanks,
Terry

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m about to change out my 2010 Platinum rear shocks with Bilstein 5100s as my toy hauler finally killed my right rear AVS shock. Big Tree is killing it still after 180k. I love each trip.
5F5F67D0-44F3-4B8A-AF10-423DAB661FC5.jpeg

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here is my basically stock 2008 Sequoia Limited that I picked up a few weeks ago.
I picked it up on Ebay with only 88,500 miles on the clock. Great condition and ready to mildly modify.
Outside the only change is from the factory 18" wheels and skinny tires to my 20" wheels and
285 60 Michelins that I removed from my Tundra (which I have sold)
5 Tundras (a 2003, 2007, 2010, 2015, and finally a 2008) later this is my first Sequoia,
View attachment 150176

As with all my vehicles this will be a project always changing.
I tend to the factory special look, so R.W. wheels or the new TRD pro wheels are the current thought process.
A mild lift, and maybe a little de-chroming.

Lots of good inspiration on here. On the wild side I love JBTacos, and TundraExpos works of art and functionality.

Thanks,
Terry
So mine took a twist this week.
I found some Rock Warrior wheels at a decent price and wellllllll.

So this ate up my lift budget but it was worth it.
The tires are BFG KO2s in 285/75 17 which is basically a 34" tire.
I was not sure I would like the 75 series but I love it now that it is on there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh yeah and thank you to JBTaco for the inspiration for the TRD logo on the grill, it is one of those little subtle
touches that I like. I also blacked out the center of the grill since the first picture.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some recent updates...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Blacked out the center of the bumper, plastidip, so regrets are reversible
]
I like the 2018+ LED headlights! Also like the Spare tire mount with the plate in the middle. Makes your Sequoia look even bigger.

201 - 220 of 245 Posts