Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious...

What are other folks paying dealers to change their oil in 5.7's. I had mine changed today for the second time (11,500 miles) and had to pay for this one out of my pocket.

8qts synthetic 0w20
1 cartridge filter
labor

total $60.30
Greens Toyota Lexington, KY

I know that many of you have had your oil changed atleast once at this point... and PLEASE dont rub it in too much if you worked in free lifetime oil changes at purchase.:D

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I know you asked what it cost at the dealer but I did it myself, useing Toyota oil and filter, cost for me was right about $55.00 after tax.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the reply... atleast I know that $60 for a custom job.:tu:

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Thanx for the reply... atleast I know that $60 for a custom job.:tu:
$60 bucks is a good deal, i think that is what my dealer charges too. There is deffinatley more than $5 worth of labor. Unless oil prices drop for Syn, I think I might let the dealer do it from time to time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
$52.93 at my dealer a day ago.

Element Kit, Oil.....$5.41
0W20 8qt syth 4.00......$32.00
Gasket.................$1.00

Waste oil Dis 1.46

Total labor $10.08
Total Parts $38.41
Misc. $1.46
Tax $2.98

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine is free as long as I own the truck at my dealership in Calgary here. Actually pick up my truck tomorrow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
syn from factory... or so I understand. Anyone beg to differ?

·
Registered
935 Posts
CDN$34.95 at my dealer. First 7 are free

·
Registered
500 Posts
There is another post that has a reply from a representative from Toyota Motor Co. stating that the oil is conventional/dino from the factory.

·
Registered
115 Posts
mine cost me 67.00 bucks...with 7 quarts of mobile 1 5-20w oil...and i brought my own filter...those guys had a hard time taking out the skid plate..it had like 8 or more bolts on it...

o and like a lot of bug windshield solution was added..

glendale, CA

my 2 cents
Lemon

·
Registered
59 Posts
mine cost me 67.00 bucks...with 7 quarts of mobile 1 5-20w oil...and i brought my own filter...those guys had a hard time taking out the skid plate..it had like 8 or more bolts on it...

o and like a lot of bug windshield solution was added..

glendale, CA

my 2 cents
Lemon
What dealer did you go to?

·
Registered
848 Posts
if your dealer is doing your oil change for $35.00 then you better run because the chance that they will use the wrong oil is very high

in the past i offered to do the oil changes for the 07 5.7L for $40 but i am forced to raise the price to $50 because the dealer raised the price for the oil and filter

so at my shop (near dodger stadium) you will get
up to 8qts of Toyota 0w20 full synthetic oil (red bottle)
1 original Toyota oil filter
all waste fees and tax included for $50.00
AND you can stand next to your truck while i do the oil change so you will witness that i use the proper oil

other Toyota cars and trucks will get
up to 5 quarts of Toyota 5w30 or 10w30 oil
and 1 oil filter (spin on type) for $25.00 all fees included

all Hondas and Acuras are $25.00 for 5w20, 5w30, 10w30 original Honda oil and honda oem filter acura legend and s2000 slightly higher

·
Registered
77 Posts
free lifetime oil changes at the toyota dealership where i bought it... :p

·
Registered
417 Posts
my mom hasint had hers changed yet plan on useing regular oil the first time then full syn the 2nd time will check back later with what it cost

·
Registered
115 Posts
i go to glendale lube on glendale blvd.. (in front of colonial honda)..its a little oil change shop that i have been going to for like 15 years now. they are fair and do a good job...now wonder the jiffy lube in front is always empty. and they dont do that jiffy scam either...youll see what i mean...(it not that waiting room garbage , while we pretend to work on your car..but not.).your really up close with your vehicle...real mobile 1 oil too from the bottle..but if you want regular oil its a lot cheaper...i usually bring my own factory filter....

my 2 cents
Lemon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine was called a 5,000 mile service. Changed oil + wynn's oil additive and filter. Rotated tires, inspected brakes, ball joints, dust covers, air and cabin filters, ect.

Labor: 54.40
Filter: 5.41
Gasket: .92
oil: 5w-20 20.24
additive: 7.95
tax: 5.42
coupon: -12.00

Total: 83.84:eek:

I will do it myself from now on.:tu:

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Mine was called a 5,000 mile service. Changed oil + wynn's oil additive and filter. Rotated tires, inspected brakes, ball joints, dust covers, air and cabin filters, ect.

Labor: 54.40
Filter: 5.41
Gasket: .92
oil: 5w-20 20.24
additive: 7.95
tax: 5.42
coupon: -12.00

Total: 83.84:eek:

I will do it myself from now on.:tu:
Additive? What did they add? I hope whatever it was wasn't in your oil :eek:

Had my full synthetic and carwash done for $6.95 (one use coupon) :D

My dealer told me that all 5.7 Tundras are to have synthetic 0W-20 or 5W-20 oil changes that come through the service dept.

I will be doing the rest of them myself and expect to spend about $60 a piece every 5000 miles...

·
Registered
338 Posts
1 - 20 of 111 Posts