Toyota Tundra Forums banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
OLF is free at my dealer (they use a dino/syn blend) as long as I own truck. They use 5w-20 weight though. Charge me $20 to rotate tires if I want it which is not bad. Also free state inspection, and free truck wash every visit. They also have an dealer "engine for life" guarantee that is a total rip-off. I figured I would pay $2,200 in extra required maintenance over Toyota manual required maint. by 120,000 miles. BS like balance tires every 5k, BG service at 15k, etc. Hey, but remember they are an auto dealer!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Free lifetime oil changes really means they will use 5w-30 at the first opportunity which is a fraction of the cost of 0w-20 conventional if you can find it otherwise you will have to go with 0w-20 synthetic. I changed mine with 5w-20 conventional and am satisfied.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Paid $90 for 5w-30 full synthetic and tire rotation at 10,000 miles, but received a voucher for free oil change and rotation on my next service.

·
Registered
188 Posts
$19.95 - 5qt bottle of Mobil 0-20 Synthetic
$3.95 x 2 - 1qt Bottle of Mobil 0-20 Synthetic
$5.25 - Filter from dealer
---------------------------------------------
$33.10 Total :)
Where are you finding M1 for $3.95/qt? I've also never seen the 5qt bottles of 0-20 yet. I simply refuse to mess with all those 1qt bottles, as refilling the old oil into the empty bottles is a PITA.

For the price of M1 quoted by Nisbo, I'd use M1. Barring being able to find it for that price, I'm either going to use Motorcraft semi-synthetic or Pennzoil 5W-20. Both of those seem to get real good reviews based on used oil analysis reports posted on bobistheoilguy.com. The lower viscocity of a 0-20 oil is somewhat of an advantage over 5-20, but it never gets that cold here in central Texas. Assuming I but the Motorcraft, I'll spend:

$10.36/5qt = $14.50/7qt, plus the price of the oil filter, say $5 for about $20 total.

I'm leaving the factory oil in there for the 5000 miles recommended by the manufacturer. My wife's Nissan Altima specifically mentioned that there's no need to change the oil prior to the first service interval, and it's quite likely that the factory uses a special blend of oil for break-in.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I pay $9.95 with coupon for dealer oil change labor and Toyota filter. I supply the Mobil 1 5W-20 ($42 for 10 qts)... and every fourth change I have enough left over to not have to pay for oil.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Free, All of them....

even though I could do it myself my time is worth much more than 30 bucks...but needless to say mine are all free....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dealer just charged me right around $54. Guess thats fair since Im too lazy to do it myself.

·
Registered
218 Posts
pre-paid only pays $40, i paid the difference for the 0w-20

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see I was ripped off by the Toyota dealer here in Savannah GA, the first oil change was free but since I wanted to use Mobil 1 it cost the wife $84.00, and when she complained they said the next one would be free, again it was $84.00. after I returned from Iraq I went over and ask why it cost so much and was told it was the cost of the oil and rotating the tires which they were never told to do. guess what dealer will never do a oil change again.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts