Toyota Tundra Forums banner

461 - 480 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Post your 1/4 and 1/8 mile times!

I have 2011 crew cab max 5.7L 2 wheel wheel drive bone stock last month at the track run a 1/4 mile run 14.80 @ 93mph whit traction contros off in manual shift mode now got magnum flow exhaust airaid intake and throttle body spacer going back to the track this saturday see if there's any difference with those mods

·
Registered
292 Posts

Fontana Tome Slipp.jpg
I have 2011 crew cab max 5.7L 2 wheel wheel drive bone stock last month at the track run a 1/4 mile run 14.80 @ 93mph whit traction contros off in manual shift mode now got magnum flow exhaust airaid intake and throttle body spacer going back to the track this saturday see if there's any difference with those mods
Did you race on March 10?
I raced my 07 CM that has a Volant CAI and cat back true duals and ran a 14.6 also at 93mph. Thats the 3rd time I saw 93mph on a Naturally Aspirated CM. The problem I had right after the 1/8th mile mark was on WOT, the tranny was acting up. It was like the rev limiter was being hit, but the RPMs were only at 4500, where it kept staying at that rpm bouncing around and at the same RPMs and the tranny kept surging and dipping at that point. Its hard to described, but a guy with a 2010 model also had the same issue. Did you have that happen to you? I'm planning to get the Valve Body mod for the Shift Kit mod. This should hopefully solve the problem and get me better times..
JIM

·
Registered
50 Posts

Hey guys... I am wondering if my numbers are right. I did a 1/4 in 12.1471.... What do you guys think? Its a 2wd and I have heard they are a little faster than the 4wd?

·
Registered
95 Posts

Hey guys... I am wondering if my numbers are right. I did a 1/4 in 12.1471.... What do you guys think? Its a 2wd and I have heard they are a little faster than the 4wd?
That's probably incorrect, especially if you don't have a supercharger installed along with slicks on the rear wheels.

·
Registered
95 Posts

I have an RCSB with the SC and Street tires and I can barely get traction on 2nd gear with my foot all the way down. My best time was 13.6 @106mph. DC w/ SC & slicks vary from high to low 12's. The fastest run I have ever heard of a tundra do was a DC, the very same DC you see taking down a Camaro in a previous post. The best number he could get was 12.2 so far. Here is a link to his post on Tundra Talks: Fastest Import Truck. - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

·
Registered
50 Posts
Man 12.2 would be an awesome time... I have a GXSR that can do about 11 easy.. But a big ass truck doing that would be crazy!! But then doesn't a SC give you a lot less MPG's? I am averaging about 17 in my tundra now...

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Hey Mee, I have had a lot of people ask me about the mileage with the s/c. I have seen up and downs with towing a large trailer and getting in the mid 9's up into the 19's traveling a long distance at speeds of 55.
My fuelly is at 15.6 over the last 48,656 miles. I do an awful lot of highway driving and usually keep at just 2-3 over the speed limit. My daily commute is a 206 mile trip with like a 1/3 at 55, 1/3 at 65, and a 1/3 at 70. Only about 6 miles of it is two lane. If I went by the trip computer on the truck which always shows almost 2 mpg better than what fuelly shows it would be higher. One member told me that we do not get correct readings with the trip computer because they changed the size fuel injectors when the s/c is installed.
Tundra Headquarters had an article about the mpg regarding the s/c and they based it on the torque provided by the s/c and less throttle required. Me I don't know, I am just going by the fuelly readings that I keep up with.

·
Registered
95 Posts
According to my scangauge, I get the same if not better MPG... if I keep my foot from stepping on the gas pedal that is :devil:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Mee, I have had a lot of people ask me about the mileage with the s/c. I have seen up and downs with towing a large trailer and getting in the mid 9's up into the 19's traveling a long distance at speeds of 55.
My fuelly is at 15.6 over the last 48,656 miles. I do an awful lot of highway driving and usually keep at just 2-3 over the speed limit. My daily commute is a 206 mile trip with like a 1/3 at 55, 1/3 at 65, and a 1/3 at 70. Only about 6 miles of it is two lane. If I went by the trip computer on the truck which always shows almost 2 mpg better than what fuelly shows it would be higher. One member told me that we do not get correct readings with the trip computer because they changed the size fuel injectors when the s/c is installed.
Tundra Headquarters had an article about the mpg regarding the s/c and they based it on the torque provided by the s/c and less throttle required. Me I don't know, I am just going by the fuelly readings that I keep up with.
Well that is pretty close to what I am averaging on fuelly also.. I do mostly in two driving though. I am averaging around 16, maybe 15.8mpg. I only have a 2wd also. So seems like the sc doesn't really cut into that fuel economy all that much. But I would have to think if I had the sc I would be putting my foot down a lot more...

·
Registered
91 Posts

My humble V6 4.0L 2008 Tundra...

0-60mph 8sec flat.

I posted a video on youtube.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
My fuelly running average which is my last 10 fill ups averaged out is up to 16.9. My cats went bad at 88,000. Of course our cats are only warranted to 80,000 miles. Toyota wanted right at $3000 to replace the factory cats. I pondered on this, but merely a few seconds and decided to go with the hi-flow cats that Magna flow puts out. I only put two back in the place of the original 4. My last 10 fill ups have averaged a little better since going to tow cats instead of the original 4.
I have to wait for cooler weather and drier air to see if I loss any power. With the humidity at 90+ most of the times and temeratures in the mid to upper 90's you just don't get the same power out of the s/c as when you are shoving cold dry air down it's throat. Right now I would say I lost power by going to two cats, but winter time will verify it for me.
I know with the corsa exhaust it has gotten louder than I want it to be. I still don't have teh drone, but it is just down right loud.Trying to figure out if there is something i can put in line to quieten it down and possible adding a little bak pressure to the system.
Any ideas on how to get the noise level down?????????? Since I removed two of the cats the corsa sounds more like a glass pack on take off.. jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz not what i was expecting.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My cats went bad at 88,000. Any ideas on how to get the noise level down?????????? Since I removed two of the cats the corsa sounds more like a glass pack on take off.. jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz not what i was expecting.
Hey zeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
How did you diagnose your 4 cats to go bad?

Here is an idea to quiet down your corsa.. Add this past the muffler..
Vibrant 1141 2.5" Ultra Quiet Resonator
Amazon.com: Vibrant 1141 2.5" Ultra Quiet Resonator: Automotive

Here's a Titan thread that talks about it..
Killed DRONE!! - Nissan Titan Forum

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Hey zeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
How did you diagnose your 4 cats to go bad?

Here is an idea to quiet down your corsa.. Add this past the muffler..
Vibrant 1141 2.5" Ultra Quiet Resonator
Amazon.com: Vibrant 1141 2.5" Ultra Quiet Resonator: Automotive

Here's a Titan thread that talks about it..
Killed DRONE!! - Nissan Titan Forum
JBroas, It started on the drivers side. I actually thought i hd got some bad gas and it was pinging. By the time i made it home another guy had a good example. When you were sitting there idling it sounded like a coffee can with rocks in it and rattled. Then the other two went out and the screens on 4 cats were tore loose allowing the air to go straight through the cat
There definitely is no slipping up next to another vehicle like I could with just the corsa. They know you are around and are just trying to figure which one is making all the racket. LOL

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts

I have an RCSB with the SC and Street tires and I can barely get traction on 2nd gear with my foot all the way down. My best time was 13.6 @106mph. DC w/ SC & slicks vary from high to low 12's. The fastest run I have ever heard of a tundra do was a DC, the very same DC you see taking down a Camaro in a previous post. The best number he could get was 12.2 so far. Here is a link to his post on Tundra Talks: Fastest Import Truck. - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
Nice ride!

·
Registered
110 Posts

I have an RCSB with the SC and Street tires and I can barely get traction on 2nd gear with my foot all the way down. My best time was 13.6 @106mph. DC w/ SC & slicks vary from high to low 12's. The fastest run I have ever heard of a tundra do was a DC, the very same DC you see taking down a Camaro in a previous post. The best number he could get was 12.2 so far. Here is a link to his post on Tundra Talks: <a href="http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-performance-modifications/106994-fastest-import-truck.html" target="_blank">Fastest Import Truck. - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum</a>
Nice runs Friday BRX 2 - YouTube BRX 1 - YouTube

·
Registered
75 Posts
My truck is as faster then a spotted a** ape.. ever seen a spotted a** ape? they are faasssstt huh
:abduction:

461 - 480 of 504 Posts
About this Discussion
503 Replies
139 Participants
flighht2k5
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing