Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for photos of the 1st Gen Access Cabs with Tonneau Covers.
Any kind, Brand, Model to sort of give me an idea. If you want, put the PROS and CONS of the covers on too!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Retrax. Very happy with it. You can lock it in just about any position. Not inexpensive.

Attachments

Reactions: timesinfinity

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
I did a lot of research and talked with several when I was shopping. If you want to spend less and go with vinyl, I was convinced that the above Access Cover from Agricover.com: Truck Bed Covers and Caps - Pickup Tonneau Covers was the way to go. It is significantly less expensive than any of the of the lockable / retractable covers. Obviously I chose to spend more for the other features of the Retrax.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking for Photos and info on the:
  • Armour Lid
  • Under Cover
  • FOLD-a-COVER
  • Bak-Flip
  • EXTANG SOLID FOLD
How did you like they way they looked on your truck? Were they easy to work with what you hauled? How did they hold up?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts

·
Forum Admin
8,246 Posts
When Pace Edwards began sponsoring TundraSolutions, we created an entire forum just for Tonneau covers. It may be hard to sift through 1Gen & 2Gen Tundras now, but there are lots of pics in there!

Truck Bed Tonneau Covers - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

FWIW, I have the Access cover, same as Erki above. It's basic and does the job of keeping the elements out. Doesn't flap in the wind and expand like a JiffyPop while going 75mph. The tailgate section has a manual slide lock to it, so opening it while your tailgate is locked is nearly impossible. Unless you cut the top, of course. The price is right around $200 new IIRC.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I agree with the summary. I have the ARE LSII on board as well.

I do not see it as pricey, but, that is up to the person. I think it is worth it, if it fits your needs or wants. It is easy to remove, but, you really need 2 people and a place to put it, so, that is the tradeoff. You are probably not going to pull it off to haul a fridge or something large. Better to borrow a friends truck for those chores...;)

ARE
pros:
very secure
Very weather tight
Good looking imo
Can be driven with top up for limited distances

cons:
Pricey
Hard to remove

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts

Not the best pic in the world but it's all I have with me.

I have a GT Gemtop Classic color matched tonneau. It's super low profile triple layered fiberglass over a steel shell. It lifts up on shocks and locks.

pros: looks killer

cons: when you want to take it off, you need two people

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thinking about a lowprofile toolbox with a rollup cover--any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it's a roll up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts