Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier CC with over 90,000 on it. My truck is a little beat up and the kids don't fit so well in the back anymore, so I am doing my due diligence on the Tundra. I am planning on buying in the next 6-8 months. I want to save up more for a bigger down payment, and to see if prices adjust as supply meets demand.

I live in East San Diego County and I saw an ad for Poway Toyota that stated $3000 off MSRP on any Tundra in stock. My HP all in one died so I can't scan, but it was in the San Diego Union Tribune. It was the April 1, 2007 edition. (no, this is not a delayed April Fool's joke.) Did anyone else see such an ad?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Considering there is a minimum of $1,000 of incentives on the DC (up to $2,000 in some regions) and atleast $4,000 difference in MSRP and actual dealer cost, this ad seems conservative if you do your research, a great deal if you don't.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier CC with over 90,000 on it. My truck is a little beat up and the kids don't fit so well in the back anymore, so I am doing my due diligence on the Tundra. I am planning on buying in the next 6-8 months. I want to save up more for a bigger down payment, and to see if prices adjust as supply meets demand.

I live in East San Diego County and I saw an ad for Poway Toyota that stated $3000 off MSRP on any Tundra in stock. My HP all in one died so I can't scan, but it was in the San Diego Union Tribune. It was the April 1, 2007 edition. (no, this is not a delayed April Fool's joke.) Did anyone else see such an ad?
Talk To Dianne @ San Juan Capastano toyota far a even better deal

·
Registered
96 Posts
Considering there is a minimum of $1,000 of incentives on the DC (up to $2,000 in some regions) and atleast $4,000 difference in MSRP and actual dealer cost, this ad seems conservative if you do your research, a great deal if you don't.
west coast doesnt have the same incentives

·
Registered
764 Posts
i would consider buying from a non-local deal dealer but don't you get jacked on service charges if you did not buy at the dealer performing the service?
Nope. Not only will Toyota Coporate not allow this behaviour it is actually against the law in most states. If a salesman tells you this is the case it's because he really wants you to buy from him. He is lying. Advise the management of his statement. If you do find a dealer that actually implements such policy drop them like a hot potatoe. They are simpletons who do not understand the long-term relationship of customer service. A good dealer will try extra hard to earn your future business and sticking it to you is no way to do that.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i would consider buying from a non-local deal dealer but don't you get jacked on service charges if you did not buy at the dealer performing the service?
100% false. Of course we would love for you to buy and service your vehicle with us, but prices are posted for everyone not just our customers. That is an old school sales tactic.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have heard the lies about not getting loaners if you don't buy from the dealer. I have never bought local. However, I have always had great local service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts