Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2010 Tundra, the rear center window is POWERED (previous models only the CM has power). Anyone attempted (or dreamed) of swapping a few parts to make ours powered? I think it'd be so awesome to have powered rear so you can slide it and let the air flow out back when you have the fronts down...

Calling electrical geniuses .... :D

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Yeah, if its affordable I'd definitely get it done.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are already power rear sliders that are direct replacements for horizontal sliders...
are you for real? links????

i think OEM is better though..since the body style is virtually unchanged, it'll be just a few extra parts mounting and run some wires to the front and make your own little toggle switch.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Are you talking about trying to retrofit the CM window into the double cab? I am pretty sure that will not work. There is space in the rear wall of the cab for the window to slide down and out of the way.

The 2004 crew cab Titan did not have a sliding rear window. From 2005 to the current MY, all Titan crew cabs have this feature. To this day, no one has been able to retrofit it - and it's the same cab configuration. Even if you could, it wouldn't be very cost effective.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
it would most certainly be more than aftermarket versions. and like third said, the aftermarket ones have been around for years and years..heck i remember people doign that back when i looked at truckin magazines in the mid 90s. i really think my slider is useless...i love it open but cant reach teh darn thign haha. id love to have a power one but not for 650 or even more...i'll just clim back there and open it if i need it bad enuf.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I love mine, best thing is to open it for the dog. He's all, "Hey what's that? I smell stuff!"

Oh yea, and when he farts, front windows down, rear window OPEN!

·
Registered
420 Posts
The full verticle power window is one of the best features of the CM, way better than the little opening from a sliding window power or not.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know, this item seems like such a no brainer that all cab models should have had for years.. I also wish it had a defrost option.. its such a nightmare in the winter to scrape that back window.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
The full verticle power window is one of the best features of the CM, way better than the little opening from a sliding window power or not.
agreed. but then again our bed is way better than the little bed on a CM. :)

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
agreed. but then again our bed is way better than the little bed on a CM. :)
You're going to have to do better than that when your bed is only 12 inches longer...:td: At least let someone with an 8 foot bed throw purposely aimed zingers ;)

I've had both extended cabs and crew cabs, and the shorter bed with an extender will meet the needs of MOST truck owners. I fit my Kawi ZX6r sportbike in a 5.5 foot bed with a bed extender and a couple of inches to spare...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts