Toyota Tundra Forums banner

power door lock problem...

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  onirakkiss 
#1 ·
2000 V8 Tundra SR5 Access Cab. Having problems with my driver side power door lock. When I push the lock/unlock button on either the driver or passenger side doors only the passenger side door lock works. I tried replacing the whole driver side power door lock assembly, but same problem. I do not have a remote for the power locks. I'm guessing this may be some sort of short, but a quick glance at the wires and connectors for the power assembly and they look fine. Any quick and easy ideas? :confused:

#2 ·
hmm thats odd....the switch works on both doors but only one door operates.. and you have replaced the lock assembly....hmmm it has to be a wire between the switch and lock....idk how the wiring works for the door locks but i assume there would be a break in the wire

#4 ·
I have the same problem and I'm stuck. I opened the door panel and checked the actuator (inner pins) with a 12V power source.
Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Car

Worked nice. Also checked the switches (outer pins) inside the actuator -ok.
Auto part Vehicle

Only the switches from the lock were without function.
Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive window part

Auto part Engine

Auto part Engine Vehicle Machine

I repaired it, but sadly the driver side is still not working.
Auto part

Any further ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.