Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2000 Tundra, xtracab, V8.

The front and passenger door locks do not work using either the buttons in the cab or the FOB. The Fob does cause the car to beep though, so I think the truck is getting the signal. The locks do not actuate when i try to open the door from the inside, when I park, or when I pass ~10 MPH.

The door locks do work when using the key. From the driver's side, i can unlock the driver and pass doors at the same time but turning the key twice. From the pass side, I can only unlock the pass door. I THINK this is normal but I don't know. This is the only way to get the locks to do anything.

Any ideas on what this might be? Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would check to see if there is a power lock fuse first. You are correct on only being able to unlock both doors from the driver side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea. To the best of my knowledge, the 7.5A acc-s fuse is the pertinent fuse; I pulled it and tested it with my multi meter - working fine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The lock wiring is a little confusing. See if you have power at the door lock switch. My situation won't be exactly the same as yours though maybe. My factory key fob had 2 buttons, but only one works. It locks and unlocks from the same button. I don't use the factory alarm anymore, I installed my own alarm/remote start unit because my factory alarm and FOB were horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
It sounds like you might have a power getting to the switch problem. My 2001 had the driver's side stop working a while back. I took it apart and found that I had power getting to the door lock actuator so that was the problem. I replaced it last week and everything works great now. Though the door lock actuators are known to go out, it is just a question of if yours went out at different times or not. If they both went out simultaneously, that would probably be too much of a coincidence and indicative of a problem elsewhere. Since you recently got the truck, there is no way of knowing, so best would be to check for power at the switch and then at the door lock actuator. If you have power there, then it is the actuator. You can get them on rockauto.com for $62.79 each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts