Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening forum members.

My wife and I are in the process of looking for a new SUV and we like the 2010 Sequoia. However, one item we forgot to check was the height of the power liftgate while in the garage.

I was wondering if anyone has issues with it hitting the garage door?

I ask because we test drove a Buick Enclave which is significantly smaller, but while parked in the garage the liftgate hits the bottom of the garage door.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
If this is the deciding factor, tell the salesperson you want to take it home during your test drive and make sure it fits in your garage. When I used to sell them in a nicer part of town that's how a lot of my customers decided between LandCruisers and Sequoias.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response.

We actually took it home overnight and pulled it into the garage, but unfortunately we forgot to check out the height since it wasn't an issue with our RX330 and we just happened across it with the Enclave.

I just figured I would see if anyone else has the issue before we take it for a third test drive.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I'm surprised with so many test drives they didn't start charging you for gas.

That's my only complaint about my Sequoia and I let everyone know it :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha ha, they didn't have to charge me for the gas because there wasn't any in the car. The first time we drove it the gas light was on and when we took it home we had to stop by the gas station just to get it home.

Nice ride by the way.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, if you wind up with the Sequoia I'll tell you all the secrets of dumping even more money into it to make it unique :gossip:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes, unless we put the nose right up to the wall, the liftgate hits the garage door a few inches shy of the fully open position. I put a piece of foam on the back of the garage door and try to use the window when I can.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine fits in the gargare fine, but I have oversized doors.

Our previous vehicle was a Lexus GX470 and the rear door opened to the side like the rest of the doors. Dump idea!!

The second day we had the Sequoia Platinum Blizzard White, I walked into the garage with stuff in one hand and hit the garage door opener then the rear door remote, NOT THINKING). The garage door didn't go up faster then the rear door, so the two met at the top. That was good for a few Rum and Cokes, it's no longer a virgin because of my dumb a$# move.

Oh well, life goes on. . . .

·
Registered
12 Posts
jmsnmd, i really like the black lettering for "sequoia" on the back. my lmt doesn't have it. its all grey. did you have that done or do it yourself?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
They are by a company called B&I and can be found for about $40-$50. They fit perfectly on both our Highlander and Sequoia (both which have recessed lettering). The come in a smoked silver (pictured on the Highlander) but I had mine painted to match the factory black.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you wanting to know about height when opened, length when opened, or both? I can check later on. No problems here...but my garage is much larger than the norm, so that's not a useful response to you.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
why dont the rest of the manufacturers do like the new little utes form GM? their new SRX has a height adjustable rear gate just for this problem so u can stop it before it goes thud

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all your replies. We tested it again and it just barely fits. Plus, not all of the GM SUVs have the programmable door, I think the new SRX and the Terrain are the only ones that have incorporated it.

We went ahead and purchased the Sequoia early this week and after a few days my wife is loving it. We got a 2010 Limited in Nautical Blue Metallic with the captain's chairs, nav and rear seat DVD player.

I think we ended up with a decent deal - $56,645 MSRP, paid $52,500 + tax.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Thanks for all your replies. We tested it again and it just barely fits. Plus, not all of the GM SUVs have the programmable door, I think the new SRX and the Terrain are the only ones that have incorporated it.

We went ahead and purchased the Sequoia early this week and after a few days my wife is loving it. We got a 2010 Limited in Nautical Blue Metallic with the captain's chairs, nav and rear seat DVD player.

I think we ended up with a decent deal - $56,645 MSRP, paid $52,500 + tax.
Congrats, the Nautical Blue would be the only other color I would have considered. Please post some pics :tu:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts