Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased one of these - http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=aip-rca - along with a USA Spec adapter for my '06 Tacoma Dbl Cab. The problem is I can not find a place to wire the thing in to charge my IPOD while driving. My first instinct was to use one of the power ports beneath the radio - the only problem is I cannot figure out how to get to them to piggy-back off one for power.
If anyone else has a better idea where to get juice I am all ears, otherwise I sure could use some help figuring out how to get to the wires to tap in.

Thanks Ahead.

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TheKneebiter,

The solution I chose only set me back $100, which right now was a stretch.

To me the other unit looks like the only difference is controlling it thru the stereo head and of course power to the IPOD. I do not really care whether or not I can control my playlists thru the factory head - I usually like to just listen to whatever on the fly. Is there a separate cable that USA SPEC/someone else makes that would allow me to do this.

Surely there is a way to do this without spending another $50???

Bill

·
Registered
123 Posts
TheKneebiter,

The solution I chose only set me back $100, which right now was a stretch.

To me the other unit looks like the only difference is controlling it thru the stereo head and of course power to the IPOD. I do not really care whether or not I can control my playlists thru the factory head - I usually like to just listen to whatever on the fly. Is there a separate cable that USA SPEC/someone else makes that would allow me to do this.

Surely there is a way to do this without spending another $50???

Bill
Which one do you have?? Check out my cardomain for the one I got. $100 for charge and control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts