Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently removed my intake as I was fixing the secondary air system, and notice a decent amount of oil in my intake manifold, and on start ups I have noticed some white smoke. But not when accelerating hard. Starting to suspect possible power steering control valve. Can I removed the valve and cap the vacuum lines to run for a minute to see if that cuts down on the oil in the intake?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Plugging those hoses will still make a mess when the pump evacuates what fluid is in it. I don't understand how a PSCV can get fluid into the intake? Someone please help me to understand. Chap

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plugging those hoses will still make a mess when the pump evacuates what fluid is in it. I don't understand how a PSCV can get fluid into the intake? Someone please help me to understand. Chap
Even if I plug them at the sensor it’s self, and then plug at intake, the control valve is ram off vacuum to allow better steering at low idle or sitting still, normally when that valve goes bad it will cause fluid to be pumped into the intake is my understanding

1 - 3 of 3 Posts