Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , want to see what every has done to there tundra's 4.7 , from intake ,exhuast chip etc . . . but no supercharger(sorry SC guys) , this is a naturally aspirated posting , post your mods and show us what you did,and you thoughts and opinions of your mods on every thing . . post your images if you got em

any one to dual electric fans and ditched the clutch fan ???

·
Registered
4,519 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
You should check out Crazy Ivan's(Tinik's) Gen 1 engine. I just saw a picture of it on here somewhere. Oh Yeah. It's here: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/181814-help-hesitation-sudden-brief-loss-power/ He has spent some serious cash, but I think he has twin turbo's.
He is supercharged

But other than headers, not too much will help the power.
K&N FIPK Intake - Low end power loss and less MPG
Throttle Body Spacer - Very little to no gain in power and MPG
Exhaust - little to no improvement in power or MPG
Underdrive Pulley - Little better throttle response and MPG

These are the only things I have tried. The only thing I still have on my truck is the throttle body spacer (only because I don't have the stock studs to take it off), the exhaust (nothing special, the quietest muffler I could find with a turn down before the axle), and the Underdrive pulley (my favorite "power adder" that I have installed).

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
He is supercharged

But other than headers, not too much will help the power.
K&N FIPK Intake - Low end power loss and less MPG
Throttle Body Spacer - Very little to no gain in power and MPG
Exhaust - little to no improvement in power or MPG
Underdrive Pulley - Little better throttle response and MPG

These are the only things I have tried. The only thing I still have on my truck is the throttle body spacer (only because I don't have the stock studs to take it off), the exhaust (nothing special, the quietest muffler I could find with a turn down before the axle), and the Underdrive pulley (my favorite "power adder" that I have installed).
Ahh. Supercharged. I was looking at the two chrome circular pieces on each side of the engine bay that look to be connected to the exhaust on the pictures that he recently posted. They looked like Turbo's to me, but I see in his sig he says he is Supercharged.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
JBA headers, the best $400 spent thus far, the worst DIY thus far!!!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
That's funny, I plan on grabbing a 30 pack of bud light for the install!:heh:
I'd get something better, but I know we won't enjoy either way, so it's become quantity over quality! I dread the day......

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
hey guys , want to see what every has done to there tundra's 4.7 , from intake ,exhuast chip etc . . . but no supercharger(sorry SC guys) , this is a naturally aspirated posting , post your mods and show us what you did,and you thoughts and opinions of your mods on every thing . . post your images if you got em

any one to dual electric fans and ditched the clutch fan ???
You have an 02. Headers, exhaust (no duals, keep the tailpipe, keep the 2-1/4" tubing), Unichip, underdrive pulley, electric fans.

It will be quick enough.

-Sean

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, honestly keep your penny's. nothing you will do will give you the power your looking for.
than when it's time, down the road buy yourself either a powerful car & keep your 02 tundra.
or
buy yourself a 5.7 gen2.
within a few years the 2007/8 gen2 5.7 will be around 12g's & you still will get a pretty penny for your ride.
now that all depends on model & options.
find a guy that has a dealers license, you could pay him anywhere between 100 to 500 for him to buy you a 5.7 at the auction.
it will save you 1000's. without a doubt.
now, if you keep up with everything on your 2002, you will get alot of your money back.
everyone still want's a clean gen1 tundra. they are almost bullit proof.
good luck,
gorilla

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi, honestly keep your penny's. nothing you will do will give you the power your looking for.
than when it's time, down the road buy yourself either a powerful car & keep your 02 tundra.
or
buy yourself a 5.7 gen2.
within a few years the 2007/8 gen2 5.7 will be around 12g's & you still will get a pretty penny for your ride.
now that all depends on model & options.
find a guy that has a dealers license, you could pay him anywhere between 100 to 500 for him to buy you a 5.7 at the auction.
it will save you 1000's. without a doubt.
now, if you keep up with everything on your 2002, you will get alot of your money back.
everyone still want's a clean gen1 tundra. they are almost bullit proof.
good luck,
gorilla

sounds like a plan but would it b worth it in the long run with all the probs i been hearing with the 07s and 08s? would love one in IN BLUE OR BLK AND supercharged!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Let's see, for increased power you can follow the same path as the domestic guys.

Intake
Exhaust
Headers
Camshafts

That 4 alone will net some real gains.

Thanks !

Eric

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's see, for increased power you can follow the same path as the domestic guys.

Intake
Exhaust
Headers
Camshafts

That 4 alone will net some real gains.

Thanks !

Eric
you talkin bout the 4.7 ?? or 5.7 ? and cams? where at ??? i found a site once that would build you a came on how u run your engine but have no i did what the site addy was !! i would love to find that site again

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
The thing is you are chasing HP and it is made for torque. Trucks naturally need torque for hauling/towing. They aren't made specifically for HP.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What would you guys suggest I do to bump up more torque for towing ?
I'm pulling a 6500 lb loaded toy hauler...could definitely:biggrin1: use more torque.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Headers will do great for little improvements, or get SC for yours, and you will see big torque difference and you will tow that heavy trailer like it weights 500lbs :lol:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Headers will do great for little improvements, or get SC for yours, and you will see big torque difference and you will tow that heavy trailer like it weights 500lbs :lol:

bro, your so right.
instead of adding all these small mod's, just put a trd s/c in & your done.
it will cost you alot less in the long run.
gorilla

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bro, your so right.
instead of adding all these small mod's, just put a trd s/c in & your done.
it will cost you alot less in the long run.
gorilla

yea maybe so but for sum its hard to throw down 2500-3500 all at once ,a lil at a time is in most bugets plus when runnin the S/C u always have to run premium , but wouldnt all the little add ons here and there make it even better for the S/C when one's ready to do so ??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts