Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Avalon and sometimes the driver's window will come back down about 2 inches when I raise it on the button lift and release mode. It doesn't do it everytime and when it does, I can "bump" it up with the button. Any suggestions, the vehicle is very low mileage/use.:confused:

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
I have a 2001 Avalon and sometimes the driver's window will come back down about 2 inches when I raise it on the button lift and release mode. It doesn't do it everytime and when it does, I can "bump" it up with the button. Any suggestions, the vehicle is very low mileage/use.:confused:
Have the car battery checked and then re-initialize the power windows.

The window switch will loose its memory (if a battery is bad or has been replaced) and then has to be re-initialized.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Do you or anyone else know the initialize procedure?

Thanks
Repeat UP and DOWN operation several times manually.(5-7 times) Do not push button fully down to auto positions, just push button far enough to make window go down and just far enough to go up.

Check AUTO UP​
" AUTO DOWN automatic operation is normal.

If this fails after a few attempts then you have to seperate window motor from regulator and start from the beginning.(see attachment)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts