Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive listened to several different exhausts and love the way the Powersticks sound. I heard tons of clips of the Sticks but none on the 4.7 Tundra. Anyone out there got them on their 4.7 that can post a sound clip? Also, let me know what setup you have, single or duals. I have an aftermarket muffler on now and it sounds very good when on the gas but has some drone to it while cruising. I talked to Eric at Classic Chambered and he suggested either one 2.5 inch stick or dual 2 1/4 inchers. Like to keep the cost down but like to hear suggestions on both. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
^ I agree, stay away from the turndowns under the truck. I had bad luck with them. you will want to keep some piping after the muffler no matter what you do. I never tried powersticks, but I'd stick to single just because you don't lose low end torque that way. Duals will cost you more to do right and may cost you some low end to top it off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not do turndowns. I have duals exit out the rear and like that look. I asked about going duals and possible torque loss and he didnt feel that would be a problem if I used 2-2 1/4 inch pipes. Not sure if there would be a sound difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts