Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the knee panel out today, doing something else, and found 5 wires in a dummy plug, pictures attached. If you have an actual switch in this area, can you tell me what it is?

It's in the middle of the bed/cab light and the RSCA off switch. The wired plug/harness is just pushed into the back of the blank.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
mendonsy might know...

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love that feature. Not sure but it may not have been available until the '10 model year.

I should have posted that mine is an 07 SR5. Oh yea, 39K miles and 0 problems. Love it!!!!

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
While we're at putting our ideas out there, I think it's the brake controller wire. I know mine was down around there, and had a plug on the end of it. The electric brake controller.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
According to the wire harness routing diagram it is for the power rear window switch. J8 on this diagram.:beatsme:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
^ Well there you go, I knew Mendonsy would know. Points when I can again.

Edit: That makes sense because in the 07 CM the window switch was on that side and for the 08 model they moved it to the right of the wheel. It is in a really odd position to find when driving.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to the wire harness routing diagram it is for the power rear window switch. J8 on this diagram.:beatsme:

Yep, that's it! :ts:

That also shows the location of the room temp sensor, J16 which i still cannot find the harness for. :confused:

Tried to send you some points but "I have to spread them around first".

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Yep, that's it! :ts:

That also shows the location of the room temp sensor, J16 which i still cannot find the harness for. :confused:

Tried to send you some points but "I have to spread them around first".
Yeah, "points lock"!! I get that a lot too!!:mad:
Here's the other diagram you wanted!!;)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i actually just found mine like that too. i used that blank for a rocker switch for strobes i just installed....

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
i actually just found mine like that too. i used that blank for a rocker switch for strobes i just installed....
Hey, where did you find a switch that A)fit and B)looks good?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
oh its a standard old fashioned rocker switch...nothign special. one of these days ill replace the blank with a decent one if i so choose but in reality i dont even look down there so i never see it. its just one of the drill a hole in the blank (which meant i left the dummy plug unplugged obviously) and moutn the switch through it. and it was only a few bucks. its one of these

i did see a touch sensitive one at pep boys of all places....(no i didnt get "pep boys" accessories, i was getting seafoam for the other car) and it was a flat square that u just touched to turn on or off. might actually fit right over the blanks and look decent. but it was 9.99 so i said no haha. just needed a rocker switch and i already have one for my lights on my bull bar so it looks fine IMO. not factory of course but oh well.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
That one doesn't look too bad for a surface mount.
Tundra Parts has one that looks factory but at over $50 each they are a bit pricey!

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
You need to check out the Carling V-Series Rocker Switches from OTRATTW. This guy has the best prices anywhere on the internet and he actually gives you pin-out diagrams and instructions with each rocker switch. I got my electric fan manual-off switch from him.

OTRATTW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts