Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , i love being different, right now my 02 tundra is sitting level with a 2.5'' coil spacer with a 1.5'' aal . So i have the idea after my body lift of taking the rear aal out so it would sitt lower in the rear and higher in the front for that perrunner look . . . an opinions ?
any pics of this done already ? any other ways of acheving this look . . i live on long island , shes my daily driver so mostly pavement along with the beach in the summer . . . throw me your ideas

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Who on earth wants their truck to sit like that? Why would you want it taller up front than out back? The stinkbug look is in pal!:D

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
No, definitely not SCT, they actually expect their trucks to perform. I'd be disappointed if SCT had devolved to the level of building "prerunner look" trucks.

Don't do it. Want to be different? Build a truck that actually works as well as the looks advertise.

If you want the really blunt, cynical, and possibly even insulting, version of the answer...ask me on a forum where I'm not a moderator.

-Sean

*edit* Skip the body lift, trim the front wheel wells, get some wheel adapters, and run 35x12.5 tires with about 3.5" lift using uniball (or other) upper control arms and long coilovers. Keep the AAL, or get new leaf springs to keep it level to about 1" higher in the rear. That'll be different for sure, and it works GREAT.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, definitely not SCT, they actually expect their trucks to perform. I'd be disappointed if SCT had devolved to the level of building "prerunner look" trucks.

Don't do it. Want to be different? Build a truck that actually works as well as the looks advertise.

If you want the really blunt, cynical, and possibly even insulting, version of the answer...ask me on a forum where I'm not a moderator.

-Sean

*edit* Skip the body lift, trim the front wheel wells, get some wheel adapters, and run 35x12.5 tires with about 3.5" lift using uniball (or other) upper control arms and long coilovers. Keep the AAL, or get new leaf springs to keep it level to about 1" higher in the rear. That'll be different for sure, and it works GREAT.

thanks dude , always respect what input you have pm me to give me the blunt aspect of you input . . im not easily offended

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Actually, I don't really even need to be snarky about it.

Take a look at the photos on the Geiser Bros. website:

Geiser Bros. Albums

None of those trucks, at rest, have the rear suspension set up lower than the front. Those are the trucks that win races.

The larger front wheel well gap on a lot of desert builds I've seen is for clearance, not because the front is riding higher than the rear (ok, on the good builds).

I don't want to soapbox more than that. Maybe the best way I can describe the "prerunner look" is "thirty thousand dollar millionaire". Don't do it. Rather, buy, build, and drive within your ability.

-Sean

·
Tundra Racing Development
1,070 Posts

lol, thanks for the kind words, Sean. :)

We often jokingly suggest that the easiest way to achieve the "prerunner look" is to put smaller tires in the rear and larger tires in the front. This way you don't have to lose any of that stock ride quality. :D Plus, the tailgate will be lower for grocery gettin' and mall haulin'. :eek:

Build it like this and then drive it around Long Island if you want to be different.

-Lalo

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thnak guys for the input , when funds pick up might ditch the 20's and pick up some kmc enduros on 35s then do up fiberglass front fenders ,hood and so on . . .
want do do it right the first time either cambeg or t/c long travel . . .idk yet . . research continues

·
Registered
3 Posts

-Sean

Hi, I know this is a little off topic, but i'm looking at getting a new front bumper and was wondering what bumper that tundra in those pictures has?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts