Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really would appreciate any posting some pics of them offroading in their prerunner tacomas(TRD or not). And also just some pics of different color Doublecab TRDs. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Before I got my X-Runner I had an 05 pre-runnner D-cab and I did some light off-roading with out any problems. I almost got stuck once in soft sand but I was able to get out. :tu:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 4x4 but these were taken in 2WD locked. Way too much fun I might add. Donahoes are a MUST for this stuff. UN-believable difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I was thinking about taking it out to borrego or something. Any ideas of how capable a locked 2wd is on desert stuff, and regular trail, instead of dunes. thanks for the pics, and sweet truck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
you'll totally be fine in 2wd... espcially on dry trails. in fact you can probably do a lot of stuff in 2wd that you wouldn't think you could tackle... back when I was younger (and dumber) I used to crawl my 66 Chevy up mountain roads that shocked the 4wd guys. Just keep it movin and intertia will do a lot.

·
Registered
59 Posts

I have a PreRunner. I went to Ocotillo Wells. I had no problems what so ever. All I have for suspension is a 3" ToyTec lift with an add-a-leaf.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does this mean I could drive my prerunner on the beach and not get stuck??? I have the TRD package with the locking rear diff. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does this mean I could drive my prerunner on the beach and not get stuck??? I have the TRD package with the locking rear diff. Thanks!:)
I don't think you can EVER safely say "I won't get stuck." Soon as you do our old friend Murphy will be there to prove you wrong. But I do think if you air down to 15 and carry a shovel you should be alright. A tow strap would be a decent investment too :) I was runnin around all over the dunes in 2WD/locked just because it's more fun to drive sideways than straight. That said, I had to pop it into 4WD a couple times after digging in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
heres a couple pics from beamont CA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts