Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

President Obama is on TV now ... giving more details on proposed health coverage.

What do you think ?? ... :confused:

SOS

Typos in heading ... should be ... "Health" and not "Heath" ... :D

------o-------o------o------o-----

09-10-2009 - Update ... Somebody fixed my "Heading Typo" .... Thanks ... :D

Got more specifics in TV speech on health care plans, but still need some more info.. Insurance companies will probably fight it.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
I read an article somewhere that stated if you did not have health insurance under the new plan, then you could be fined up to $3800. I guess that would be when you would be forced to give whatever money you had left to the government for healthcare. Who needs food and shelter as long as we have healthcare.

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
Specifically, how will they commit $3 trillion to this in the end?

Sanosuke!
That's easy. It will come from the taxpayers; either directly or indirectly. :mad:

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts

President Obama is on TV now ... giving more details on proposed health coverage.

What do you think ?? ... :confused:

SOS

Typos in heading ... should be ... "Health" and not "Heath" ... :D

------o-------o------o------o-----

09-10-2009 - Update ... Somebody fixed my "Heading Typo" .... Thanks ... :D

Got more specifics in TV speech on health care plans, but still need some more info.. Insurance companies will probably fight it.
I did not watch it, I had no intention of watching and I am not interested in anything that man has to say.:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
its pretty simple, his plan is unconstitutional. you cannot require that someone have health insurance. and the little tiny bone he threw the republicans in regards to tort reform was a joke at best. i don't think he realizes how dumb he really sounds when describing medicare and medicaid and their current status. he tells about how there is so much waste and cutting out that waste will pay for the new system. hmmm, how about fixing one thing at a time. they know there is a ton of waste, how about fix that, then tell us what he thinks the next step should be? if they are wasting that much money right now, what confidence does that give anyone to believe they could run an even bigger health care organization in any reasonable fashion?

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,568 Posts
anything run by the government is doomed to failure. less governemnt = better economy.
Maybe true, except for all the "failed states" with no effective government, like Afghanistan, most of sub-Saharan Africa, much of Eastern Europe, etc. Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, (and Canada) have pretty well established democratic governments, with various levels of direct control on labor, environment, education, infrastructure, and health, and all their economies are doing reasonably well. The crash in the US economy did not coincide with the election of Obama, it could reasonably be blamed on ineffective regulation in particularly in the banking sector (and previously energy) so although you make a good talking point I'm not sure it's entirely accurate.

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
he tells about how there is so much waste and cutting out that waste will pay for the new system.
Gee, how many presidents have suggested this over the years? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I think he is a liar.
Joe Wilson was just expressing his frustration with President Obama's contradictions of the actual content of the bill. Too many Obama cheerleaders in the press corps will not address this and have chosen to label opposition as uninformed.

Was this a breach of decorum? Absolutely. However it was a prime opportunity for him to voice one on one inconsistencies with provisions of the bill and what the chief executive is saying publicly. The president early on in the wake of town hall opposition had no qualms in voicing his pejorative comments about those who did not share his enthusiasm for HR 3200.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I watched for a bit, couldn't stomach the whole thing. But I did notice, he used the number 30 million uninsured Americans. So, sounds like he took out the illegals, which were included in the originally quoted 50 million.

Also thought it was ironic. He mentioned Medicare and Medicaid as the single biggest problem facing this country. Aren't those already gov't programs? So what he is saying, is gov't created a huge problem and we need MORE gov't to help fix it. :der:

/Mike

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,568 Posts
I think you are a lair.. and you can do nothing about it as you're not the CIC.. :p

Sanosuke!
Sano, I don't think he's a liar. I think he's slightly obsessed by Obama and the untold evil the president is foisting upon the USA. Frankly, I don't agree that it's all that bad, but that's the right of Americans (and Canadians) to disagree with one another politically, and I'd much rather see people engaged in a process of politics than apathetic. So while waterhead and I may disagree on some basic matters, I certainly respect his right to disagree with his elected president.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Also thought it was ironic. He mentioned Medicare and Medicaid as the single biggest problem facing this country. Aren't those already gov't programs? So what he is saying, is gov't created a huge problem and we need MORE gov't to help fix it. :der:

/Mike
This a perfect example of More's Law. "If more is good then too much is just right!" There are corollaries to this but they're just as odious.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Here's a link that gives a little history of what Canadian politicians had to go through implementing universal health care:

» U.S. religion

The Government advocates in Canada in the '60s that wanted universal healthcare also had to go through a gauntlet of naysayers and "Chicken Littles".

Like Canada, in the U.S. it appears to be; "Second verse, same as the first".

Stuball

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
Here's a link that gives a little history of what Canadian politicians had to go through implementing universal health care:

» U.S. religion

The Government advocates in Canada in the '60s that wanted universal healthcare also had to go through a gauntlet of naysayers and "Chicken Littles".

Stuball
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Let me see....

Medicare: Government program, rife with fraud and wasteful spending. A money pit for the taxpayers.

Medicaid: Government program, rife with fraud and wasteful spending. A money pit for the taxpayers.

Social Security: Government program, problematic in that it is consistently bringing in less money than it puts out. Due to be insolvent in the relatively near future. A money pit for the taxpayers.

The U.S. Post Office: A government program that, despite having a monopoly on certain types of mail, is unable to not lose money. A money pit for the taxpayers.

The U.S. Military: A government program that is rife with corruption, fraud and wasteful spending that serves an important purpose, but could be run far more efficiently and economically. Still a money pit for the taxpayers.

But you know what? Give 'em a chance on healthcare. They'll get it right this time. Really. They mean it.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts

» U.S. religion

Stuball

Mr. Dennis Gruending has had a short career as a New Democratic Party member of Parliament (1999-2000) so I have to take his commentary with a grain of salt. The Nouveau Parti démocratique, commonly referred to as the NDP, is a social democratic political party.

Mr. Gruending's column by the way is spotted with misinformation, half truths, skewed statistics and a blatant political slant. Basically an editorial championing universal health care. Objectivity will validate an argument more effectively than emotionalism.

Rev. Dr. Hamilton's statement that our town hall meetings bear some resemblance to Germany of the 1930s is both outrageous and a gross exaggeration. Then to piously quote scripture to legitimize her politics really tears it. It is an analogical stretch to link 1 Corinthians 12:26 with universal health care. Let's leave religion out of this discussion.

Proselytize somewhere else Mr. Gruending and Rev. Dr. Hamilton we Americans hear enough of this drivel already without having outsiders butt in.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts