Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,189 Posts
Sano and TundraBoy choose to ignore the truth about PrezBO and continue to read from liberal talking points.
While I disagree 100% with their take on PrezBO, I fully respect their right to voice their opinions.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I think you clearly missed the point of this thread.

The question posed by SOSHeloPilot concerns PrezBO (LIC) and what we think of him.

:focus:

How can you be a lair?

|le(ə)r| noun
a wild animal's resting place, esp. one that is well hidden.
• a secret or private place in which a person seeks concealment or seclusion.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

I just wish that we had more specifics what each party would do to address the health care issues.

I would have liked to have had a few more details.

SOS

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Mr. Gruending's column by the way is spotted with misinformation, half truths, skewed statistics and a blatant political slant.
Could you point out exactly where Mr. Gruending's "misinformation, half truths", and "skewed statistics" are located in his article.

Let's leave religion out of this discussion.
I agree but was unable to edit that out of the article.

we Americans hear enough of this drivel already without having outsiders butt in.
As long as the opponents of healthcare reform in the U.S. continue to peddle their lies and poppycock about Canada's health system there will be the risk of outsiders butting in.

Stuball

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Let me see....

Medicare: Government program, rife with fraud and wasteful spending. A money pit for the taxpayers.

Medicaid: Government program, rife with fraud and wasteful spending. A money pit for the taxpayers.

Social Security: Government program, problematic in that it is consistently bringing in less money than it puts out. Due to be insolvent in the relatively near future. A money pit for the taxpayers.

The U.S. Post Office: A government program that, despite having a monopoly on certain types of mail, is unable to not lose money. A money pit for the taxpayers.

The U.S. Military: A government program that is rife with corruption, fraud and wasteful spending that serves an important purpose, but could be run far more efficiently and economically. Still a money pit for the taxpayers.

But you know what? Give 'em a chance on healthcare. They'll get it right this time. Really. They mean it.
Well said! I agree.;)

It has often been said that democracy is the worst form of government except for all the alternatives. Something similar could be said that universal healthcare is the worst form of healthcare except for all the alternatives.:p

Stuball

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I don't care about the health care debate outside of motocross post accident requirements, but...

New Democratic Party
These guys are the worst of the worst. A vote for the NDP should be predicated by a forfeiture of all personal assets, mandatory visits to Lenin's tomb, and a compulsary five year tour of duty in the Soviet military complete with goose stepping. You don't want to be a white able bodied heterosexual employed male in any area they are in power. Persona non grata. :yield: :blabla:

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,189 Posts
Obamacare... if you could put it into the form of a costume... it would be the scariest and most popular Halloween costume ever.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
These guys are the worst of the worst. A vote for the NDP should be predicated by a forfeiture of all personal assets, mandatory visits to Lenin's tomb, and a compulsary five year tour of duty in the Soviet military complete with goose stepping. You don't want to be a white able bodied heterosexual employed male in any area they are in power. Persona non grata. :yield: :blabla:
Do you realize that it is possible some people on this forum might actually believe what you have written?:nono:

Stuball

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
I think you are a lair.. and you can do nothing about it as you're not the CIC.. :p

Sanosuke!
And you, my friend, are not an American so you do not have a dog in this fight.

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
Let me see....

Medicare: Government program, rife with fraud and wasteful spending. A money pit for the taxpayers.

Medicaid: Government program, rife with fraud and wasteful spending. A money pit for the taxpayers.

Social Security: Government program, problematic in that it is consistently bringing in less money than it puts out. Due to be insolvent in the relatively near future. A money pit for the taxpayers.

The U.S. Post Office: A government program that, despite having a monopoly on certain types of mail, is unable to not lose money. A money pit for the taxpayers.

The U.S. Military: A government program that is rife with corruption, fraud and wasteful spending that serves an important purpose, but could be run far more efficiently and economically. Still a money pit for the taxpayers.
You forgot Amtrak.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
You forgot Amtrak.
Salty; the wife and I both think Amtrak is a great way to travel the U.S. In fact we took Amtrak from Washington State to South Carolina to pick up my new Tundra. Government builds and maintains highways for the public to use. Why not rent some rails to run their trains on for the public too? Both Amtrak and highways are money pits for the taxpayers.

Stuball

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I am also kind of up in the air about the whole health care thing, but I have to say I was thoroughly dismayed by a member of Congress calling the President a LIAR during an address to the Congress. WTF??? I don't care which side of the political spectrum you fall on, but that lack of civility is appalling!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I just want to see someone (either or both parties) come up with a workable plan that is a lot better than what we have now.

Don't really care if Obama or Joe Doe does it ... as long as it works. .... IMO, We are being much too partisan in DC and in general on this issue.

SOS

·
Registered
145 Posts
I really believe he has convinced himself he has all answers to all issues. Several things he and his staff has done make me feel he has eroded the dignity of the office the PRESIDENT to a comical level. Allowing the jet to fly low over NY City for photo ops/ having a beer with the Proffessor and the Police Officer to smooth over a local issue he has no business in/ the job czar's opinion that GWB had somthing to do with allowing the 911 attacks. I'm sure we can all name plenty more of these instances. These 4 years cannot end quick enough// I too have no interest in anything he has to say- period.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Such as those who lived in Ontario during the NDP occupation. :ballchain:

Just google Bob Rae and "affirmative action". :devil:
Yes, I agree 100%. Bob Rae will no doubt go down in history as being one of Ontario's amatures in politics. He was the New Democratic Party leader (NDP) for Ontario. He later became a fence jumper (which I have no respect for) to join the Liberal Party. Having lived in Ontario, you will no doubt remember he was replaced by an ultra right-winged conservative golf pro named, Mike Harris, who disgustingly trashed the province of Ontario financially and ended up getting thrown out of government in shame.

However, Bob Rae didn't invent the NDP, a man named Tommy Douglas did. Bob Rae just screwed up his one-term in office, not only because of his inexperience in office, but also the industrial world mainly resides in Ontario and had the financial backing to be an effective foe.

It was Tommy Douglas who advocated bringing in universal healthcare for all of Canadians as he had already done so in Saskatchewan as Premier of that province. And living in Saskatchewan at the time, I can assure you that Tommy Douglas did not advocate the "goose step" or even the draft.

However, Canadian government run healthcare did come into place as other government instutions in the past did such as police forces and fire departments. We even have a government-run postal service and school education system. All these institutions were funded through taxes like healthcare. No doubt, you will find no shortage of Canadians that regard them as money pits for taxpayers.

I do think, however, the U.S. may have beat Canada as a first in this hemisphere in regard to the U.S. Food and Drug Act (FDA), to weed out the snake oil salesman that were harming the American people's health. They perhaps have been well ahead of Canada in controlling safe drugs acceptable to the public.

What is decided with regard to healthcare reform in the U.S. is of no personal consequence to me. If 'freedom" for you is the right to retain high health insurance premiums, high deductibles, or the right to expect denial to healthcare because of "pre-existing conditions; or the right to lose your home or file for personal bankruptcy because you can't pay for medical bills; then I suggest you continue to fight for the status quo.:first:

Stuball

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Like this?
I have always felt that politicians that jump the fence are only looking out for themselves rather than their electorate. For that reason I dispise them.:td:

Stuball

21 - 40 of 49 Posts