Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my TRD lowering kit 2/4 looking to see how much your dealer hit you for to install it?

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
I just got my TRD lowering kit 2/4 looking to see how much your dealer hit you for to install it?
No pictures - it never happened :clown:.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
500 i really hope were talking about a diffrent kit. 900 plus tax is what my dealer is getting me for kit includes rear leaf springs plus the shocks and rear sway bar front end new shocks and springs and alignment

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
They're charging you 900 to do labor on all that?

Sheesh, 500 sounds about right.

I paid under $300 to do a lift kit plus alignment and it was "high" when the other guy would do it for $50 cheaper.

-rockstate

·
Registered
753 Posts
do it yourself, its super easy. Save that $500 to get a rear swaybar and some ammo!

I posted a DIY a year or two ago on how to do it yourself, Ill try to find it and post it back here for you.

-Tim

Edit: here is the link. I wish i would have included more pics, but i was so eager to get it finished lol. The rear is really easy, the front is only slightly more difficult. My install included spindles and springs. The springs are some of the easiest i have changed out, you can borrow a spring compressor from the LAPS, or get a shop to swap them out. I did them at home.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/158446-rcsb-4-6-drop-install-w/

HTH

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
just do it yourself. It isn't that difficult. Take the front struts off as assemblies ( 4 top bolts, 1 lower bolt and a sway bar end link) take old and new to a shop to put the new spring and strut assemblies together with old spring cushion and top plate. the rear is even easier. I did mine wiht only hand tools, a floor jack, 2 jack stands and an old towel to lay on. Once you are all back together drive it to and alignment shop to bring stuff back into spec. Doing it that way you will save some cash for other mods

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would do it myself i have the grage lift and tools, but i got the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty with the truck cause it was a first year modle, i have goten first year cars before and had major problems with them so this time i decided ide get the longer warranty with this one Going throungh the deal to have it put in picks up the 100,000 mile warranty so i blow a ball joint they deal with it i dont have to pay for it. And the kit come with a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about this does anyone know toyota's install time for rear struts front shocks and springs and the rear shocks?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would do it myself i have the grage lift and tools, but i got the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty with the truck cause it was a first year modle, i have goten first year cars before and had major problems with them so this time i decided ide get the longer warranty with this one Going throungh the deal to have it put in picks up the 100,000 mile warranty so i blow a ball joint they deal with it i dont have to pay for it. And the kit come with a rear sway bar.
Installing aftermarket parts will not void your warranty, There are laws protecting the consumer from being screwed by dealers saying no to warranty work.

This is off of Sparks Toyotas website, they are a reputable dealer in Myrtle beach.
Warranties and After Market Products - Sparks Toyota - Toyota Racing Development Parts

HTH
-Tim

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are the ones that i bought the kit from, if i were to install the kit myself and let just say i blow a ball joint iam not a toyota certified tec to install any toyota parts so there for they do not know if the kit was installed properly and will not replace the blow ball joint for free under warranty. if you install the kit your self i belive its olny a 20,000 mile warranty versus the dealeing doing it and picking up the 100,000 mile warranty thats on the truck.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
i dont think they will give you that much warranty for the TRD kit. I believe most TRD stuff gets 12 mo. or 12k warranty unless you are under 36k. You might get the 36k since you probably have '10 model. I doubt they will go to 100k on the TRD stuff. It may say its toyotas but its really an authorized toyota specialty company therefore not OEM unless it came with a package (TRD offroad, SR5, SAP, limited) from the factory or port installed option. You are adding this to an already "used" vehicle not new installed option from the dealer. Besides they have to prove beyond a doubt that the installed componants caused the failure if warranty should arise. reguardless of who did the work they have to prove that the failure was directly the result of the change.

"you installed a non OEM part on your dash and the tailgate broke voids warranty" = lawsuit

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Warranty Information Quote" TRD Sport Parts are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the date of installation or for the balance of the new car warranty in force on the date of installation, whichever is greater, when TRD Sport Parts are installed by an authorized Toyota or Scion Dealer."
This is my problem though ive been down this road with a dealship before and have been burned, am just trying to cover my own a** does anyone know how many hours it is for toyota to do rear leaf springs rear sway bar and rear shocks as well as front shocks and springs and alignment?

·
Registered
111 Posts
8hr job I was told....

"TRD Sport Parts Installed by Dealer

TRD Sport Parts are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the date of installation or for the balance of the new car warranty in force on the date of installation, whichever is greater, when TRDSport Parts are installed by an authorized Toyota or Scion Dealer."

$900...amazing how much the cost of the kit has gone done over the past year...:(

here's the kit I have, p/n PTR11-34070-02, p/n PTR11-34070-03
and p/n PTR11-34070-01

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just called sparks to confirm the kit does pick up the 100,000,mile warranty on my truck.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IT is alot but for the peace of mind knowing that am covered ill pay the extra. Everthing ive read about the kit it handes like a sports car, am a pavement pounder anyways i live in jersey lots of highways to do work on :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats just for the install i allready paid 1500 just to buy it.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I'm with jeep to do it yourself if you have the ability. So what if a ball joint goes out and you have to buy the part. How much is that. Use the $900 to pay for the part, the interest might cover it. Actually it will be less because you cannot do the suspension alignment at home. You could do the headlight alignment yourself.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts