Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has over 100k miles on his tundra. One of our employees has put over 200k on our company owned avalanche. It's falling apart. Not knocking it, but it's having trouble cranking and isn't reliable anymore.

Dad is going to retire his 07 tundra into the company and buy a new one.

This time he's wanting to get a supercharger for it.:devil: I may ahve been persuading him a bit....

I told him I could find a nice low mileage 08-09 sr5 4x4 and have a supercharger put on it and also get him a 125k mile platinum warranty, for less than the cost of a brand new limited.

I was shopping for tundras about 8 months ago and saw alot of low mileage CM 4x4's going for well under 30k.

I only paid like 30,500 for my 08 CM 4x4 limited, and it has every option imaginable "nav/sunroof", and had like 16k miles when I bought it.

Now every 08 CM 4x4 with under 30k miles I see on auto trader seems to be gonig for 34-35k.

What the heck happened?? Did Toyota stop offering incentives on new trucks or something???

Did demand suddenly increase during the middle of a depression??

Did I just get a screaming good deal?? Heck it had over 1k worth of mods. "bed rug, step rails, bed cover, Husky liners, hood protector"

I hate offering dealers and individuals 5k less than they are asking, but it seems like for what they are asking for a used truck we could go buy a new one.

I see toyota is offerin 3k in rebates on tundras. I'm sure we could talk off another 2-5k from the dealer.

·
Registered
916 Posts
In the DC area, used Tundras are going for almost as much as new Tundras right now. I just want a 4x4 DC with the 5.7 and bucket seats, I don't really want all the extra gadgetry and upgrades. Brand spanking new in any color I want is right around $29 to $30K. Used basic models at all the dealers I have seen are $27 to $28K. That says something about the quality of Toyota, if you ask me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Prices went up - new and used, Toyota increased the price for a basic "Grade" 5.7 4x4 somehow from 31k to 33k without adding anything. I am also looking for a second used Tundra, but prices are way to high right now (may as well get another new one),

Used Tundra´s at my local dealer are extremely expensive.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have noticed this too. Here are some reasons I think this is happening.

1.) MSRP prices of Tundras have gone up.
2.) Incentives have gone down.
3.) Toyota did not make many 09's.
4.) Lower gases prices.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I am not complaining one bit...I hope used Tundras continue to be expensive and hold their value extremely well. Anyone looking to sell a used Tundra will be in a good position to get what they are asking. Ford, Chevy and Dodge on the other hand, are notorious for lousy resale value.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Supply and demand. It's not just Tundras, the same is true for the GM trucks (don't know about Ford/Dodge?). There are almost *no* new units on the lots around here right now, and they won't have 2010 trucks for a while (GM), so the "value" of used (newer) trucks has gone up. The manufacturers adjusted for the drop in demand and the their (high oil price) surplus is gone. I dropped by the Toyota dealer two days ago and there are only three Tundras sitting on their lot--all DCs and one or two had the 4.6.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Supply and demand. It's not just Tundras, the same is true for the GM trucks (don't know about Ford/Dodge?). There are almost *no* new units on the lots around here right now, and they won't have 2010 trucks for a while (GM), so the "value" of used (newer) trucks has gone up. The manufacturers adjusted for the drop in demand and the their (high oil price) surplus is gone. I dropped by the Toyota dealer two days ago and there are only three Tundras sitting on their lot--all DCs and one or two had the 4.6.
GM trucks have allways done better then Ford and Dodge on resale. I drove by my Toy dealer the other day as well and all they had was 3 DC's and 1 used DC. Maybe nows the time to trade my 08 CM SR5 for an 10 CM Limited.:eyebrows: If I can find one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, KBB has gone UP on my truck's value by about $4k over the past few months.....and that includes the added miles driven!

That is just insane. Who would have thought that toyota manipulating the supply would have such a huge change on used vehicles.

Never had that with any of my GM vehicles.

The went down then down, then down and eventually bottomed out.

A buddy of mine had been recently lookig for a 07-08 CM for under 30k and I told him that should be easy to find.

He looked for a while and eventually bought a 07 GMc sierra. for like 18k. :violin:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I've been noticing this by looking at EBAY comleted list & looking at what used & new tundra's are going for. I bought my 08 dblcb 7/08 when gas was pushing 4$ a gallon and no one was hardly buying anythang much less full size trucks. The lot's were jammed packed with trucks & I shopped hard for my truck driving a hard bargain. If I wanted to sell my truck right now I could probably turn a profit. Not gona happen, but it makes me feel even better about the deal I made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts